Urban Terror Forums: After tabbing out, mouse only works vertically - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After tabbing out, mouse only works vertically Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Truth Icon

• Account: truth
  • Main tag:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

My mouse broke recently and I switched to a Logitech G7 wireless mouse. Now sometimes when I tab out of the game and then tab back in, my cursor will only move up and down.

I tried doing an in_restart to no avail, also tried pretty much every combination of in_mouse and in_logitechbug settings.

Any ideas?

from autoexec

//Mouse Settings
seta cl_mouseAccel 		"0" //-0.3
seta sensitivity 		"10.1"
seta in_mouse			"3" //-1
seta in_logitechbug		"1"

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi truth can you please try changing your "in_mouse" settings and testing which options work best for you. Please try "-1" (thats negative one) and "1", lets us know if either of these options make any difference.

Also please check your q3config.cfg for "in_mouse" settings and make sure these match (autoexec should overwrite q3config settings but it takes 2 seconds to double check.

thanks.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

got same problem with a logitech mouse. raw_mouse won't work with it.

#4 User is offline   Truth Icon

• Main tag:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info, looks like it just doesn't work. If the in_logitechbug cvar doesn't fix this, what does it fix?

#5 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

in_mouse -1 should work for Logitech mice.

Could be a driver issue as well. I'm running 5.33.14 and I can confirm alt tab works without issues on 4.1 and 4.2.14

Are you using win_fastmodechange 1? And cl_alttab 1? I'm not sure those are necessary in 4.2, but trying to alt tab on 4.1 without either set to 0 will introduce strange issues.

edit: quote from google:
"the logitec bug solved the problem with mouse scroll wheel commands being sent twice when scrolled once. Idea"

More of a workaround for faulty Logitech scroll wheels. They wear out and become hypersensitive. in_scrolldampen would be a more descriptive cvar name imo...

This post has been edited by don: 01 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Truth Icon

• Main tag:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks don

win_fastmodechange 1
cl_alttab 1

alt tabbing with in_mouse -1 seems to not cause the issue, however if the issue is already present, switching to -1 and doing an in_restart does not fix it.

Unfortunately, in_mouse -1 behaves strangely at times with this mouse, which is the reason why I switched to 3, possibly due to the surface that i'm using it on. Randomly from time to time (generally every few seconds) it will stop registering mouse movement for a very short period of time (maybe a tenth of a second). Enough to make it unplayable.

#7 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

http://www.cromctf.c...&start=10#p1002

Try in_mouse 2? lol

I used to own a G7, and now a G5. Never had any issues with alt tabbing on XP, Vista, or Win 7. I have never used anything but -1.

G7 shouldn't care about surface.

How old is yours? The G7 hasn't been in production for a LONG time--I tried to buy one when my old one developed the double clicking failure (as do all Logitechs, eventually) but couldn't find any. This was back in early 2009... But since behavior seems to depend on what setting you use, the hardware is probably fine. Just saying, you should be prepared to buy a new mouse soon.:P

-1 apparently involves Windows in mouse movement calculations. I suspect the freezing is a driver issue. Uninstall Setpoint and uninstall your mouse's drivers through Device Manager.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942