Urban Terror Forums: Corrupt file and unable to download errors. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corrupt file and unable to download errors. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mushrat Icon

• Account: mushrat

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Been a while (2 years plus) since i played and am trying to grab the newest version.

Windows 7, 64 bit, Running updater as Admin following instructions for new installation. Downloaded and unzipped and ran updater as instructed.

Getting alternating download error check your internet settings error and Corrupt file error, see website for help messages.

I still have an old installation of a 4.1 version in its own folder that works fine. I'm afraid to move the new updater to that instalation in case it really mucks things up.

I am mostly computer illiterate so help should be in as plain English as possible. :)

Thanks for any help in advance.
Mushrat

#2 User is offline   mushrat Icon

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

hold that thought..I'm downloading the "full" zip file now. May have missed a step...

#3 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postmushrat, on 03 August 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I still have an old installation of a 4.1 version in its own folder that works fine. I'm afraid to move the new updater to that instalation in case it really mucks things up.

4.2 is a full separate version, not an update, and installing it on top of 4.1 is a bad idea.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#4 User is offline   mushrat Icon

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

ya, like i said, didn't try to install it on the old 4.1 made it a separate installation. And ya, once I downloaded the FULL.ZIP and went through opening that all is well.

Loved this game from its early days as a quake 3 mod, but the directions on the web site have always been, a little less than clear.

If you search and find this and are having issues with an itiial installation, download the FULL.ZIP NOT the updater file. The download instructions are not clear.

NOW if i could get it to take my validation number which is too long for the slot provided in the game. :)

#5 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

Pretty sure the auth key is the correct length… take a look at this thread — there are several ways to enter this string.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942