Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Mapcycle Problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

• Account: shoxx

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys i got a mapcycle problem.
Here is the mapcycle : Link
At my server.cfg i got g_gear "51" and start map casa with join message the one that casa has at mapcycle.
So the problem is when i exec the server and i cycle the map(with vote) to the second map (ut4_kingdom) it works fine,all are ok with weapons and joinmessage but after kingdom its always messing up like the joinmessage still "All weapons" from kingdom map and sometimes Nextmap at the right of "All weapons....Nextmap:..." works fine and shows the next map good.And then all the maps run like the same way weapons dont change at any map and the nextmap text changes.
What will be the problem?
Oh i forgot.
Here is the IP of the server: 68.232.168.62:27960

Edit:
Seems like the Nextmap thing too is wrong but i cant understand the reason.

This post has been edited by ShOxX: 20 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi shoxx,

If you manually cycle to a map by issuing a command like /rcon map ut4_kingdom or b3 command !map ut4_kingdom these will switch to that specified map but will use the settings in the configuration file. the server only uses the settings in the configuration file when it reads the configuration file to see which map to load next (unless it has been instructed otherwise to load something else).
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for your answer,so i got Cyclemap vote enabled at my server should i disable and it will be ok?I mean if the map cycles from itself without any vote and rcon command it will be ok.

#4 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

just had a second look at your server config and you have a few lines mixed up for the join message..

ut4_swim
{
g_gear "51"
g_nextmap "ut4_oildepot"
sv_joinmessage "^5All weapons TIME!-^7Nextmap:Oildepot"
}
ut4_oildepot
{
g_gear "0"
g_nextmap "ut4_harbortown"
sv_joinmessage "^5P&S TIME!-^7Nextmap:Harbortown"
}

on ut4_swim you set g_gear to 51 (pistols and spas?) but you set the sv_joinmessage to "ALL Weapons"
on ut4_oildepot you set g_gear to 0 (all weapons) but you set the sv_joinmessage to "P&S TIME!"

there may be other maps set like this..

View PostShOxX, on 20 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Thanks for your answer,so i got Cyclemap vote enabled at my server should i disable and it will be ok?I mean if the map cycles from itself without any vote and rcon command it will be ok.

if a map is voted or set through Rcon it will ignore the server.cfg file configurations.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#5 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Thank you a lot nitro,i am going to try this right now and i will inform you in some mins.

Edit:
In my server.cfg
I got, set sv_joinmessage "^5P&S TIME!-^7Nextmap:Kindgom"//bla bla bla..
set g_gear "51"
map "ut4_casa"

So when casa starts it will have the above joinmessage and the above g_gear.

This post has been edited by ShOxX: 20 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hey i played a map with my friends and started from casa with a fresh /exec server.cfg
and after the map ended the map switched to prague and not to kingdom which is the second map with the same joinmessage and g_gear.Whats wrong i cant understand thats the link of my server.cfg : Link and this is the mapcycle with the fixed things you told me: Link

Edit:
It wasnt really a exec server.cfg but a "Restart Server" from a ftp panel.

#7 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

did any of your friends call a map vote (even before you joined) or have access to Rcon?

#8 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

Not at all,i had disabled cyclemap and nextmap,map votes and i am the only one who got rcon,there is no b3 too.

#9 User is offline   ShOxX Icon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Any idea?

EDIT:

Fixed! Finally!
When i had b3 on with poweradmin plugin the map wasnt cycling so adding g_nextmap "..." at mapcycle.txt worked with b3 on so what i did is:
I opened the XML file of poweradmin located the mapcycle.txt though ftp link and removed all the g_nextmap thingies at mapcycle.txt.Now the maps working with !cyclemap,cycle vote or rcon cycle great.So it looks like this

Thank you.

This post has been edited by ShOxX: 21 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942