Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto zoom out when shot Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kurbstomp Icon

• Account: kurbstomp

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

With the sniper rifles, you automatically zoom out when shot, and I can't even tell you how many times that's gotten me killed. Can I make a workaround for that, maybe a script or something?

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Although the wording seems to indicate that you meant the SR8 unzoom when someone hits you (which is a balancing feature and can’t be circumvented), I’d hazard a guess that you’re actually complaining about SR8 not zooming back in after chambering the next round (which is an awesome feature, but never mind).

// the wait amount works for 90 fps (needs more for higher fps)
// change it until the rifle zooms in reliably and with minimal delay
bind mouse1 "+attack; wait 170; ut_zoomin"

As you’d expect from a script, this introduces some odd behavior: wait blocks all input (meaning you can’t move during the bolt animation) and the rifle will still zoom in after the magazine’s empty, delaying reloading a bit. In short, learning to zoom and shoot in quick succession would still work better.

Alternatively, use PSG. 8 rounds on semi-auto, always stays zoomed in, what’s not to like:-P
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 09 September 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

(which is an awesome feature, but never mind).

agree. that's why people actually use scripts that scope out FASTER after firing the sr8 (skipping the moment you stay scoped after you fired)
This also is what i acutally though you wanted to do, just telling from the thread title.

As you’d expect from a script, this introduces some odd behavior: wait blocks all input (meaning you can’t move during the bolt animation) and the rifle will still zoom in after the magazine’s empty, delaying reloading a bit.

I would say that this script actually kills you. At 90fps a wait of 170 fps means that you can not do ANYTHING, but aiming (not firing though) for nearly TWO seconds. this means that the other sniper could fire back and or hide (as long as he uses the scope out script.)

In short, learning to zoom and shoot in quick succession would still work better.

Couldn't agree more.

Next thing as that this script runs all the time. Means it will also change the behaviour of your tigger for auto guns (== very bad)

You need a toggle there:

seta sr8Fire "+attack;wait 170;ut_zoomin";
seta sr8_on "ut_echo ^4SR8 SELECTED;bind MOUSE1 vstr sr8fire; set sr8_toggle vstr sr8_off";
seta sr8_off "ut_echo ^4NORMAL FIREMODE;bind MOUSE1 +attack;set sr8_toggle_vstr sr8_on";
seta sr8_toggle "vstr sr8_on";
vstr sr8_off;
bind ANYKEY vstr "sr8_toggle";

ANYKEY will now turn this script on and off. (be aware that weapon switch won't)
its also possible to change the 'trigger mode' with the weaponswitch, and its not really complicated, but not worth it :)

this is not an advertise for my work.... lol. but you might like to check out:
Iye's UrT Addon

or just a simple scripting reference and guide
@ http://urt.taggedzi.com/guide.php

wow. now this is quite some post, considdering, that its actually a pretty useless script imo :)

Greetz,
Iye
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the reason it does not stay zoomed in is because the Remington SR8 is a bolt action rifle, meaning that once a round is fired the animation has to pull the bolt out and inject another into the chamber.

I would just keep practicing with the SR8 because any script like the one above me, like he has mentioned, is only going to put you at a major disadvantage to a player who is well seasoned with the SR8.

Scripts do nothing but mess with your game play and performance, imo.
∆

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942