Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

newbie map help! 1st room debug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

• Account: zellis
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:40 AM

ive made a very basic room using gtkradiant 1.4.0 following the tutorials on map-depot.com as it relates to q3ut3. after my simple(starter room) was complete, i compiled the new map and radiant gave it the extenshion.map(map named shawn0.map) so now i try to load the map into q3ut3 as the tutorial states by starting ut, and from the console, entering "/sv_pure 0" and then typing in "/devmap shawn0" and pressing enter. when i do this, the blue UT loading page come up but nothing happens. it never gives the map name or anthing. what am i doing wrong?
after the loading page just sits there, I hit the esc key and i am returned to the main menu. from here i reopen the console and scroll up and i find 3 errors during parsing
Parsing menu file:ui/createserver.menu
ERROR: ui/createserver.menu line 31: unknown menu keyword BLACK
ERROR: ui/createserver.menu line 31: unknown menu keyword BOTTOM
ERROR: ui/createserver.menu line 31: unknown menu keyword BAR

if i play a game online or create my own server and play, it works just fine.
is this a 2nd problem i have or is it related to the problem i have not being able ot load the SHAWN.MAP?

can anyone help?? thanks a bunch.

shawn

#2 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:42 PM

You should get a file called 'shawn0.bsp' after compile and that one should be in your 'map' folder in the q3ut3 folder. The .map file is the Radiant file and not for the game.

Here are two more tutorials to check out:

http://urtmapping.ac...wtopic.php?t=37

http://urtmapping.ac...wtopic.php?t=30

cheers

#3 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

thanks for the reply. i read the info on the links you provided but im still having the same issue. the map i made was compiled via GTK radiant 1.4.0 "shawn0.bsp". i then open the q3ut3 console and type "/sv_pure 0"
enter, then "/devmap shawn0" enter. at this point the screen changes from the main menu with the open console to the urban terror load screen. the load screen only says "starting up..." in the upper left cornner. then there is a defalt image in blue showing a giel jumping and below that to the right in larger font it says "...LOADING" and thats that. it will stay like that all day untill i hit ESC. im lost from this point. i think i put all the neccary files in the correct locations. please help. thanks.

files loaded to start mapping
GTKradiant 1.4.0 installed in c:/program files/gtkradiant
q3map2build 1.0 25 installed in c:/quake/q3map2build
urbanterror.def installed in c:/quake/baseq3/scripts/
added latest q3map2.exe to c:/program files/gtkradiant
added latest libmhash.dll to c:/program files/gtkradiant
edited shaderlist.txt

does this look like it should work?

shawn

#4 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:22 AM

well i have learned that i cannot load any .bsp file via the devmap command in the console. when i do this it hangs every time. im still looking trying to debug this. ill post my solution if i can ever figure this out.

#5 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

ok, here is what i have found, if i change the setting in radiant to do quake 3 mapping, i can make a map, compile, bsp it and play the map in quake3 without a problem. so i now know that raidiant and q3map2build work just fine, i change the setting back on radiant to map a quake 3 mod and i set the FS+ to Q3UT3. I load my map, compile it, bsp it and try to load the map into Q3UT3. it still just sits on the loading screen untill i ESC out to the main menu. so im now thinking if is a problem with the q3ut3.def file.
it should be in the quake3 arena/base3 dir correct? i tryed to place copies of it into the base3/scripts dir and the q3ut3 dir everywhere in the tree and i still have the problem. does anyone have any idea why this could happen, or has anything simmiluar happened to anyone elce?

thanks
shawn :(

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:28 AM

problem solved

i had a bad CFG file. i had to delete it and let UT generate a new one as i loading my map "devmap".
here i a link to the thread to find the problem
http://www.map-depot...opic.php?15.772

#7 User is offline   Nizmo (old) Icon

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

GJ m8 its nice to know u fixed it....... @:-]

#8 Guest_luniaq

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

aint mapping just fun!!! :wink:

#9 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

keep it up zellis!

:)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942