Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FPS Upper Limit issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gokussj9 Icon

• Account: gokussj9

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

I am playing Urt 4.1.1 on my laptop which has i3-2377M 1.5 GHz,+ Intel 3000 HD grahics+ 4 GB RAM(I know it's crap).
I have been tinkering with the Max Frames/Second parameter and when I keep its value the highest i.e 125, I see a lot of fps drops from 125-30, but when I keep its value as 50, the fps remains very stable. Anybody tell me why is it so?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postgokussj9, on 23 September 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I see a lot of fps drops from 125-30, but when I keep its value as 50, the fps remains very stable.

When you set max fps to 125 you allow your PC to bounce around different FPS ranges which can cause performance issues if you do not run @ 125 stably. But when you lock @ 50 you don't allow your card to push beyond that FPS.
----
I run on Intel HD 2000 and I've seen much better performance and stable frame rate by simply unchecking "Custom Settings" in your "Graphic Properties" under "3D" and not allowing Anisotropic Filtering and Vertical Sync.
∆

#4 User is offline   gokussj9 Icon

• Account: gokussj9

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Posttehwally, on 24 September 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

I run on Intel HD 2000 and I've seen much better performance and stable frame rate by simply unchecking "Custom Settings" in your "Graphic Properties" under "3D" and not allowing Anisotropic Filtering and Vertical Sync.

Can you please tell me how can I do this?

#5 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

In your graphic cards driver interface, i dont know if its possible through the windowns settings somehow.

Theres also ingame settings to increase your FPS if that is in your interest, just search this forum and google.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postgokussj9, on 24 September 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Can you please tell me how can I do this?

Assuming that you run on Windows:

• 1. Right click desktop and click "Graphic Properties"
  • 2. When the "Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel pops up click "3D"
  • 3. On 3D Preference move the slider to the middle for balanced Quality and Performance.
  • 4. Disable(Uncheck) "Custom Settings" (this will disable Anisotropic Filtering and Vertical Sync)
  • 5. Disable(Uncheck) "Application Optimal Mode" (not sure if this does anything but I disable it anyhow)
  • 6. Hit apply and ok.

When you run the game with the new settings I would recommend you set it to something that you know the card can handle, say 80 fps. Do this by typing /com_maxfps "80" in the console. If you find that your card can hold 80 fps firmly mess with the value, I'd say increase by 5 each time until you find a stable range that your card can handle.

Also remember that lowering the resolution and lowering the graphics settings will help some, as well as turning off things like brass, dynamic lighting and other things will also help.

Hope I have helped some!
∆

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942