• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ad block Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

hi all,

so, to support FS i have turned of ABP on urbanterror.info, but i still get "please don't block the ads" banners... I want to be legit, so can anyone help me fix this? should i white list googlesyndication/google-analytics scripts or smth?

relevent specs:
linux | latest FF | ABP FF addon | noscript FF addon

thanks,

*N*star

#2 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Ive got that problem too
I figured out that the adblocker is still blocking the ads because its not disabled, but just prevented from blocking anything belonging to the site, while the ads are elements with different urls and still blocked.
(if that makes any sense)

My solution is to fire up Internet explorer from time to time to click on an ad ;)

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would suggest just making a small donation instead - it has the same effect and you won't have to give up your privacy or ad-free browsing. But I have turned off ABP before here and don't remember having to adjust my NoScript settings. Ctrl + F5?

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 26 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

#4 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

ahh, donate, i think i'll try that instead... much easier, and as u said, i get to keep my nice clean browsing as i like it

can i request that my money in no way goes towards appeasing 4.1 slugs by changing animations etc?
haha, jk... i'm nub who started around 4.2.008, so i think 4.1 looks wierd and dated with bad animations, lol... don't want to weigh in on the other 4.2/4.1 threads, as im such a nub, but i'll stretch my legs here in this thread I made!!

(I love 4.2 and wouldn't mind paying some of my hard earned for it)

thanks guys!

#5 User is offline   durgagon Icon

• Account: durgagon

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

how to HIDE ads without blocking them and advanced exceptions:

http://urbanterror.i...post__p__351452

(if you're using firefox (especially on windows) also use these extensions: RequestPolicy, NoScript, RefControl, HackTheWeb, stylish)

This post has been edited by durgagon: 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

xmpp texting : $0 FTW
& Off The Record (prism break) . Also $0: SIP Texting, SIP calling, SIP video calls. Better both as CUSAX (RFC 7081) (skypesücks)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942