• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

North American Clans Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vaalth Icon

• Account: vaalth

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hey all just a quick question on the overall situation with the North American clan scene? How active is it? About how many clans are there? and how often to clan tournaments or clan scrims happen?
Thanks

#2 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

- The NA competitive scene is dead. They say that FTWGL will be back in 6 months but who really knows.
- Impossible to know how many clans. I know 2 clans that still play but there might be more. The problem is that there's no listing so you can't really know if there are any active clans. You can at least take a look at the clans in urbanterror.info and search any sign of activity.
- You will find scrims with Europeans. Forget the NA for now...

FYI, there's still pugbot but it's really poor because they wanted to keep 4.1 (discuss).

Maybe you will find people from NA on 4.1 servers because they really like this version (discuss again).

EDIT: Btw, it's not because there's no NA scene anymore that there isn't any players from NA. Lots of them play in European teams.
Don't forget there's still the Australians and the SA community and the European scene.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#3 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would say there's probably 20-30 competitive North American players, maybe a few more. Then some North Americans scattered through pubs. There's 3 "USA" teams registered on Urban Zone but there's Aussie and New Zealanders spread throughout them and the rest of the active competitive North Americans are spread throughout Euro teams. Basically it's predominantly Europe right now. There are no North American leagues. The last one died off earlier this year. There was talk between some people about getting a new North American league going but it'd be pretty hard to fill up as it sits right now.

Pubgot has been pretty dead and don't listen to Brainie, there has been #pugbot.42 for months that no one uses, including him. We actually had 2 4.2 pugs last night. Since it's never really been used, there was some bugs and slackin's supposed to be fixing them today. As long as an admin's around (which there always is), the pug will run smooth enough until it's fully fixed.

North Americans play both 4.1 and 4.2. Some still prefer 4.1 to 4.2 but will play 4.2 to prepare for leagues. 4.2 pubs are pretty dead so that's also why people seem to venture back to 4.1.

#4 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostNikki, on 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I would say there's probably 20-30 competitive North American players, maybe a few more. Then some North Americans scattered through pubs. There's 3 "USA" teams registered on Urban Zone but there's Aussie and New Zealanders spread throughout them and the rest of the active competitive North Americans are spread throughout Euro teams. Basically it's predominantly Europe right now. There are no North American leagues. The last one died off earlier this year. There was talk between some people about getting a new North American league going but it'd be pretty hard to fill up as it sits right now.

Pubgot has been pretty dead and don't listen to Brainie, there has been #pugbot.42 for months that no one uses, including him. We actually had 2 4.2 pugs last night. Since it's never really been used, there was some bugs and slackin's supposed to be fixing them today. As long as an admin's around (which there always is), the pug will run smooth enough until it's fully fixed.

North Americans play both 4.1 and 4.2. Some still prefer 4.1 to 4.2 but will play 4.2 to prepare for leagues. 4.2 pubs are pretty dead so that's also why people seem to venture back to 4.1.

Everyone knows Americans prefer the cheat over the clean.

And no body uses pugbot 4.2 so you're double wrong.

Thxbye.

#5 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostBrainie, on 02 October 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Everyone knows Americans prefer the cheat over the clean.

He is inquiring about North Americans. This isn't just about Americans. Please follow the topic. If you'd like to go there though, you seem to have no problem recruiting the previously banned hackers from America so you should probably start thinking before you type.

View PostBrainie, on 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

FYI, there's still pugbot but it's really poor because they wanted to keep 4.1 (discuss).

View PostNikki, on 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostBrainie, on 02 October 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

And no body uses pugbot 4.2 so you're double wrong.

Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's been there, people know it's there, we've used it, and your argument is null and void.

Perhaps you can keep the misinformation and trolling aside and contribute something worth reading. In case you forgot, Canada is part of North America, so I would think you would have something to contribute other than ALL AMERICANS LOVE HAX. Disappointing but not surprised. Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

lol Brainie.
Such a psyche player.

#7 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostNikki, on 02 October 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

you seem to have no problem recruiting the previously banned hackers from America so you should probably start thinking before you type.

I'm the only "previous banned hackers" on his team, think before you type.
Kidding, but seriously.

On topic though, there are many clans in North America, just best of luck finding them.
∆

#8 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

He is inquiring about North Americans. This isn't just about Americans. Please follow the topic. If you'd like to go there though, you seem to have no problem recruiting the previously banned hackers from America so you should probably start thinking before you type.

Wally is the only one. The other hackers in my team are from Europe but nt.

AT LEAST, my Wally wants to play on 4.2. He doesn't want to play 4.1 because you can find cheats on 4.1 and therefore it proves his honesty and it proves that he wants the change.

Perhaps you can keep the misinformation and trolling aside and contribute something worth reading. In case you forgot, Canada is part of North America, so I would think you would have something to contribute other than ALL AMERICANS LOVE HAX. Disappointing but not surprised. Posted Image

Yeah I feel trolling. All these people who take the 4.1 masterservers problem as if it were the end of the world... lol.
Canada? I wanted to contribute but between the big egos and the people who don't give a care to it, it just looked as an useless case.
I also wanted to contribute to the competition in NA with the people who wanted to make it back but it was impossible. Looks like all these big egos made their way. Sorry, my place is in Europe.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 02 October 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

lol Brainie.
Such a psyche player.

:3

View Posttehwally, on 02 October 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'm the only "previous banned hackers" on his team, think before you type.

No you're not.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 02 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

#9 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostBrainie, on 02 October 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Wally is the only one. The other hackers in my team are from Europe but nt.

AT LEAST, my Wally wants to play on 4.2. He doesn't want to play 4.1 because you can find cheats on 4.1 and therefore it proves his honesty and it proves that he wants the change.

No you're not.

Don't make me blush.
And you have some explaining to do.
∆

#10 User is offline   joox Icon

• Account: joox
  • Main tag: aeon.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Rich.............. Homie.............. Quan............. Yaaah

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942