Urban Terror Forums: Guns' equipments + grenade pick up bug - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guns' equipments + grenade pick up bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hil4rious Icon

• Account: hil4rious

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Guns' equipments:
When you kill somebody and pick up the dropped gun, even if the guy had a laser/silencer on it, you don't get those equipments, just the gun + what you had on your old gun. Maybe you should pick up whatever the gun had on it. If it had a laser/silencer you would pick up the gun with the laser/silencer. If it had nothing on it even though you had a laser/silencer on your old one, you wouldn't keep them.

Grenade pick up bug:
Let's say I spawn with a HE nade and then pickup a smoke during the round (or vice-versa), in 4.1 you could switch between both of them by tapping the key you have set for the nades. Now you can't do this. If you pick up a different kind of nade you will be stuck with it unless you drop it so you can use the one you chose.

This post has been edited by hil4rious: 24 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

#2 User is offline   hil4rious Icon

• Account: hil4rious

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

hi

#3 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

I always thought this was how it should be. Never made sense to me that you didn't pick up the equipment on the gun. I'm sure a large majority will disagree though. WE ARE THE 1%

#5 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

but the laser couldnt be "bound" to the weapon, that would flood every game with equipment.
maybe it would drop as an extra pickup, wich would still leave lots of equipment

I guess that has been discussed before, so i wanted to look for some argumentations,
but forum search couldnt really help me, since everything relevant i found, was from the HD Forums
(PLS open them again)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Laser and Silencer works with weapons but they are not "attached" to the weapon. If you equip the laser in your gear, you will have the laser in your Primary/Secondary/Sidearm (if the weapon support it). When a player dies we can indeed drop also the laser if the player was using it, but since it's not attached to the single weapon but to the whole gear, the player who pick it up will have too much advantage imo (because he will have the laser in all the weapons)

#7 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

what about the grenades? I keep picking up smoke and then I can't switch to nades :(
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#8 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

bind 4 "weapon 11" <--- and 4 will ONLY select HE grens and not smoke.

I have no weapnext/weapprev binds and all my grenade buttons only select HEs. I can't even accidentally throw a smoke.

#9 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 15 October 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

bind 4 "weapon 11" <--- and 4 will ONLY select HE grens and not smoke.

I have no weapnext/weapprev binds and all my grenade buttons only select HEs. I can't even accidentally throw a smoke.

I suppose I could script the key to toggle between specifically selecting smoke and nades, and then get what I want with one or two key presses...
_____

Okay, in trying to write the script to do it, I discovered something.

My script should have toggled the nade key between selecting HE nades and smoke, so I set it to toggle between "Weapon 11" and Weapon 12" as per this chart: http://www.urbanterr...support/119-/#3

It would select HE nades, but do nothing when selecting smoke. I just guessed and changed "Weapon 12" to "Weapon 13" and then it worked. The SR8, which should be Weapon 13, is now Weapon 14. I assume it continues on this way down the list. I'm not sure what Weapon 12 is now, if anything. I tried carrying the new guns (Mac 11, Colt 1911, Glock 18), but /weapon 12 still did nothing.

Ah, just the ancient manual leading me astray, as usual. Thanks JRandom :smile:

Anyway, here's the (revised) script. It works a little closer to the original functionality, except it won't remember which type of grenade you had used last. It will just pull out grenades indiscriminately, and then let you toggle between them like you used to.

grenadebugfix.cfg said:

//Nade bug fix

set get_nades 	"vstr get_he"
set get_he 	"set get_nades vstr get_smoke; 	weapon 13; weapon 11"
set get_smoke 	"set get_nades vstr get_he; 	weapon 11; weapon 13"

bind 2 "vstr get_nades"

ut_echo ^7[^4grenadebugfix.cfg loaded^7]

...though maybe I'll just scrap it and use bind 2 "weapon 13; weapon 11" since I almost never actually want smoke :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by iynque: 17 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#10 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postiynque, on 15 October 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I just guessed and changed "Weapon 12" to "Weapon 13" and then it worked. The SR8, which should be Weapon 13, is now Weapon 14. I assume it continues on this way down the list. I'm not sure what Weapon 12 is now, if anything. I tried carrying the new guns (Mac 11, Colt 1911, Glock 18), but /weapon 12 still did nothing.

The official documentation has always been a bit idiosyncratic, shall we say… A full up-to-date weapon list can be found on the DSWP wiki.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942