Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth key problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   listerofsmeg Icon

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

OK, first of all I´m a noob so I ask for your patience.

I tried to log in for the first time but apparently there´s a typo in the key when I typed it (it says my auth key is invalid). The thing is I can´t correct the typo because I don´t have the option to press the Log In button, i click it and nothing happens. Every time I restart the game it automatically says auth key is invalid and I can´t press the Log In button, I don´t have that option.

I went through other topics but nobody seems to have that same problem. I already read the main topic, A Step by Step Guide for using Auth, but it doesn´t mention this.

Anyone got a clue?

#2 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Inside your q3ut4 folder, there is a file called "authkey". You can change your auth key in there.

#3 User is offline   listerofsmeg Icon

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostClear, on 10 October 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Inside your q3ut4 folder, there is a file called "authkey". You can change your auth key in there.

I just checked that folder and there is no such file, maybe that´s the problem. I suppose now I have to create it?

#4 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postlisterofsmeg, on 10 October 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

I just checked that folder and there is no such file, maybe that´s the problem. I suppose now I have to create it?

You should have the file, but it will be in the home folder. Where that is depends on whether you are on Windows, Mac or Linux. Bring up the game console (the '~' key) and type
\fs_homepath

you will get the location of the home (user) folder. Look in the q3ut4 subfolder and you will find it there.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 10 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

#5 User is offline   listerofsmeg Icon

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks, now it works. :) Problem solved.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ppedroo Icon

• Account: ppedroo

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

View Postlisterofsmeg, on 10 October 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

OK, first of all I´m a noob so I ask for your patience.

I tried to log in for the first time but apparently there´s a typo in the key when I typed it (it says my auth key is invalid). The thing is I can´t correct the typo because I don´t have the option to press the Log In button, i click it and nothing happens. Every time I restart the game it automatically says auth key is invalid and I can´t press the Log In button, I don´t have that option.

I went through other topics but nobody seems to have that same problem. I already read the main topic, A Step by Step Guide for using Auth, but it doesn´t mention this.

Anyone got a clue?

#7 User is offline   stefgg Icon

• Account: stefgg

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Another noob with the same problem as posted: on a mac: where do i find a file called "authkey"?

I do not understand your advice : "Bring up the game console (the '~' key)"

#8 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

The ~ (tilde) key is located under Esc, left to 1. If this one does not work you can open the console with Shift + Esc.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#9 User is offline   stefgg Icon

• Account: stefgg

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 04 February 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

The ~ (tilde) key is located under Esc, left to 1. If this one does not work you can open the console with Shift + Esc.

Thanks, the homepath is displayed, but there isn't such a file on this location. Also with a search on my hd the file doesn't pop up. I've deleted the application map several times and also downloaded a new version. Despite this it keeps referring to a auth key which i added with a typo (unfortantly)

Some new ideas?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942