• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth error: couldn't resolve address Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ogg Icon

• Account: ogg

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

HI :D

I downloaded "UrbanTerror42_full015" and i have auth error.I tried three auth keys and the problem still occurs.

Posted Image

Best Regards

#2 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

This means that it could not connect to the server that handles auth. You should try verifying that your firewall is not blocking any connections that the game might be trying to make.

#3 User is offline   ogg Icon

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostClear, on 16 October 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

This means that it could not connect to the server that handles auth. You should try verifying that your firewall is not blocking any connections that the game might be trying to make.

Nope , i tried everything (new keys,auth from console & file, firewall , AV etc.) but i still have this annoying problem.

#4 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

You run anything like peerblock/peer guardian?

#5 User is offline   ogg Icon

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostNikki, on 16 October 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

You run anything like peerblock/peer guardian?

No, im 2 old 4 this ;).BTW. system is original every single program(game) on computer is legal.

Posted Image

Posted Image.

Ps.
Game cannot connect 2 to the web but updater/installer can (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This post has been edited by ogg: 17 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Did you ever solve this?

I just started getting this on OS X, UrT 4.2.16

I was going along fine, downloading new maps as they came up on the server I was playing on, then suddenly map downloads started to fail and I had to download them manually. I later noticed the error on the main menu: Auth error: couldn't resolve address. urbanterror.info was reporting auth status as active, but even if it wasn't, I should still be able to download maps. …right?

The first time map downloads failed for me (a while ago, long before this issue started), I realized I had set cl_cURLLib "libcurl-3.dll" while on OS X (should be set cl_cURLLib "libcurl.dylib"). …but that can't be it this time. It's set correctly, and besides, it just kind of stopped working while my game was open and had been working fine.

What might be causing this? Any ideas?

I tried removing my autoexec.cfg and my q3config.cfg and restarting the game, but it still didn't work; same Auth error: Couldn't resolve address. Restarted my computer, my router, and my cable modem. Still doesn't work.

This post has been edited by iynque: 10 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#7 User is offline   wascallyWabbit Icon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

This just started happening to me now also. Can't play anymore, which is probably good for me, but that's besides the point. Same version of UrT as you, and same issues exactly. Updater works fine, UrT was working fine 10 minutes ago, and now my auth is having this problem.

#8 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

I figured out my issue. The same dark, and mysterious issue I've had before. Things seem to randomly break with no obvious errors…

TO MANY MAPS! :D

I moved all my map files out of the q3ut4 folder and just copied back the ones I need (just the FA server rotation and a map in development that I'm working on). Voila! Everything works again—auth and map downloads.

Why would too many maps not give an error? Who knows! Why would it break auth? Who knows! haha the quirks of an old engine I guess. :laugh:
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#9 User is offline   wascallyWabbit Icon

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

So deleting extra maps definitely fixed the problem for me. I had over 220 pk3 files in my ~/Library/Application Support/Quake3/q3ut4 directory, and then deleted a handful. Now the auth works perfectly for me again. (For reference, I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.5.) Thanks for the help!

This post has been edited by wascallyWabbit: 12 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

#10 User is offline   killruana Icon

• Account: killruana

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Same problem with UT 4.2.17.
Like the others, fixed by removing the maps.

This post has been edited by killruana: 12 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942