Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Sweden calls out for help... Rate Topic: -----

map cycling

#1 User is offline   elp Icon

• Account: elp

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hi guys,

This is my first post whilst I've been checking this forum from time to time and been playing the game for ages!

I hope someone can sort me out with an issue I have when trying to set up a local server for an upcoming LAN with some mates.
I have configured server.cfg to my preferences and made a map cycle text file and all works well EXCEPT for when ever we try to vote for "Cycle map" it always starts with my starting map - and not the next in my "Cycle map" text file...?

What am I missing overhere?

Most grateful for any/all support (the guys and I are playing this weekend and it would be a treat if I can get this to work properly).
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is that your mapcycle is named differently to how it appears in server.cfg, or has missing or mis-spelt map names. If this is the case, you would be getting errors when it cycles normally as well.

If your map list is 'mapcycle.txt' make sure it appears this way in server.cfg. Your maps should be written as the names that appear when you open console and type /map then press tab, eg.

ut4_turnpike
ut4_algiers
ut4_bohemia

etc. If they are 3rd party maps they must be present in the q3ut4 directory of the server.

I don't know what else could be causing your issue besides one or both of these.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 22 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

#3 User is offline   elp Icon

• Account: elp

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 22 October 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

The only thing that comes to mind is that your mapcycle is named differently to how it appears in server.cfg, or has missing or mis-spelt map names. If this is the case, you would be getting errors when it cycles normally as well.

If your map list is 'mapcycle.txt' make sure it appears this way in server.cfg. Your maps should be written as the names that appear when you open console and type /map then press tab, eg.

ut4_turnpike
ut4_algiers
ut4_bohemia

etc. If they are 3rd party maps they must be present in the q3ut4 directory of the server.

I don't know what else could be causing your issue besides one or both of these.

Thanks for your support - much appreciated!
However, that isn't the issue in this case as I've made very sure to name my map-text file exactly the same as stated in server.cfg.
Also, the map names are checked and are correct.

The issue is that when playing the maps they switch in the correct order and fashion - exaclty as they should.
The problems occur when voting to "Cycle map", then the server switch to the starting map on my map-text file, not the next map as I suppose it should be!
That means that IF a vote goes through, you have to start the map cycle from the beginning instead of plying the next-following map to then one just played...
Can this be prevented somehow?

#4 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

You could start by posting here your server.cfg and mapcycle.txt - don't forget to remove all kind of passwords from server.cfg ofc :)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942