• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AUTH logged me in as a random player Rate Topic: -----

No, I haven't touched my authkey

#1 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

So I haven't touched my authkey or logged out or anything for quite a while but then this happened...why am I coming up as some dude named ami from Finland?:
Posted Image

http://www.urbanterr...rs/profile/ami/

His profile is also updating with MY information...like right now I'm sitting on gSx bomb:

Posted Image

And this is my profile right now which shows I WAS playing Fallin Angels 13h ago, which is correct...but I'm on gSx right now:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nikki: 01 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

#3 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

well your first mistake was playing on the Fallin Angels server

This post has been edited by fonducci: 01 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

#4 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Auth down or not, this is a pretty scary problem. What would have happened if I was a cheater and your system was logging it and I was logged in as this guy?

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

We already know about this issue - however the anticheat works in a way that this wont effect the results and will not lead to false positives (thankfully).
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Problem stays that serveradmins will ban amy themselves (rcon/b3)

#7 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

I saw same bug in =KRH= server.
In scoreboard was original auth owner logged out and some random dude with hes pass logged in.

#8 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostNitro, on 01 November 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

We already know about this issue - however the anticheat works in a way that this wont effect the results and will not lead to false positives (thankfully).

I really don't want any reason to doubt the anticheat but I would really like to know how this wouldn't throw a false positive when all of his urt.info stuff was updating with what I was doing?

#9 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostNikki, on 02 November 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I really don't want any reason to doubt the anticheat but I would really like to know how this wouldn't throw a false positive when all of his urt.info stuff was updating with what I was doing?

Yeah, I'm going to need a few more solid answers if I'm going to keep using Auth.

Flickering on and off between releases is one thing, but updating Someone Else's information is entirely different.

What happens with a clan tag in that situation; if nkrz's.net clan tag was recognized, would she be kicked for using the tag?

Do we already have this corrected in .016?

but most importantly
I would really like to know how this wouldn't throw a false positive when all of his urt.info stuff was updating.

#10 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

Unfortunately I cannot answer those questions, I can only give you my word on the matter. The Anticheat and the website are separate entities and both handle data differently. With the website the data isn't as critical so there are not as many verifications put on the information.

We are working to resolve this bug, and if we were worried that there was a possibility that the anticheat was producing false positives we would disregard the data collected, and disable it whilst we fixed it. However that is not the case so there is no reason not to keep running it.

I run Auth Only on all 6 of my own gaming servers at lilpwny.com and have no doubt that the anticheat is working as intended, and for the foreseeable future my servers will remain AUTH only.

On the other hand the reason outages of the AUTH server (and SSL you may have noticed too) are due to us upgrading our infrastructure and doing routine maintenance on the servers running that infrastructure.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942