Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

first time linux Rate Topic: -----

warning - urt junky need a hiNt :)

#1 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

So the day had come :biggrin: was so proud .. finally I dare to go where common sense rules :cool:

.. BUT as I manage to start game and try to change resolution in it (it opens at 800x600 or something like that :P) game crash and I'm back on desktop with resolution so low .. or high I don't know .. that I must navigate outside of monitor (blindly) to get back into desktop lol ... I tell you .. even mouse can't synchronize "his arrow" with taht resolution .. it reacts 2-3cm above shown position lol :ph34r:

anyway as I remember there were some typing involved in some files/folders in games folder so .. is there something like that for linux?

.. if I start game again I can't be sure how long will last this time to set back screen resolution etc .. so I really searching "backdoor" solution .. please :smile:

p.s. I start ed game via updater (couldn't find any other way :P)

p.s.s. I'm problem-magnet so please bare with me ..

p.s.s.s. Im 5 days without UrT and it began to affect my health! :laugh:

thanks in advance!
best things in life are free

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think you are looking to set custom width and height using autoexec.cfg:

seta r_customwidth "1366"
seta r_customheight "768"

Use the values of your native desktop resolution. autoexec.cfg and all other configuration files are typically stored in the .q3a folder in your Home folder on Linux, eg:

/home/MassMurderer/.q3a

...if your username was MassMurderer. Files and folders beginning with a '.' are hidden by default, but you will find a menu option in your file manager to show/hide these.

The executables on Linux are Quake3-UrT.x86_64 or Quake3-UrT.i386. Part of the security of Linux is that you have to set files as executable in order to run them. The easiest way as a new user is to right click the files in your file manager, select 'Properties' and then the 'Permissions' tab and check the box for making them executable.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 11 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

#3 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

thank you! :smile:

I'm moving in .. :biggrin:

edit;
I must move slowly .. no rushing this time .. here is one useful link imo if some1 stumble on this thread .. you never know :)

pro - tutorial intro for linux;

I'm also reading this tutorial http://linuxcommand....g_the_shell.php

This post has been edited by MASSmurderER: 13 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

best things in life are free

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942