Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ubuntu, bugs and bugs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Im running Ubuntu 13.10 now for a few months on my Dell XPS 15 and Im pretty proud of the preformance, unfortunately I've got a few bugs while running the game.

First of all, I can use Alt+tab to switch back to my other software but when I switch back to urt my mouse appears on top of the urt window (full screen mode). Thanks to this I can't make a 360 degree turn or something because my mouse will not pass the boundry of the window. This requires a (urt) reboot to let it work propperly again.

As second I have almost the same issue, only this one is when I press super+tab. The switching between windows works fine but it makes it impossible to move my mouse (when not ingame) and the sound of urt is still on.

And as third I had/have wierd CI's of a minute or so, after every ~20 minutes of playin urt. But sometimes it showed me in my console something about a key that was unbound, what was not true. Oddly enough the bug has changed to a small CI of 1-5 seconds every hour I guess and also this new wallhack feature came with it (see first image below).

Posted Image

Here are more pictures (hihihi)

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 12 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

#2 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Your alt+tab and super+tab sounds like a 'windowing system' problem. Can you reproduce this on another distro? I believe Ubuntu now uses Weyland in place of X Windows. Most other distros still use X Windows.

What GPU do you have and what driver do you use? There are open-source and closed-source drivers for both ATI and Nvidia. You could check to see if switching out the driver resolves the issue.

#3 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Okay here I have a html page what displays my system information. I don't remember anything about installing any specific drivers but I did installed this mitsubishi build on my current urt. Else the bugs were even worse!

system.html

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 13 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

~ Cheers

xF.

#4 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postsneakers, on 12 November 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Your alt+tab and super+tab sounds like a 'windowing system' problem. Can you reproduce this on another distro? I believe Ubuntu now uses Weyland in place of X Windows. Most other distros still use X Windows.

Ubuntu is not using Wayland but is moving to its own replacement of X, Mir. However 13.10 should still be using X.

I use the KDE variant of Ubuntu but I'm still on 13.04. I haven't had any problems like this. I've had no problems using the standard 4.2 client. Are you using the mobile broadband to connnect? Also, what problems were you experiencing with the standard client? Did these problems occur on 13.10 or on the previous version, prior to updating?

#5 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Ehh there was something wrong when I was running 13.04 without mitsubishi build. But I don't remember exactly what happen, something towards lags I guess but it was not relax to play with. What I got now isn't very annoying but I'm just reporting the issue.
~ Cheers

xF.

#6 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Today I noticed that my (wh) bugs are gone and online only did used it twice :(

But I applied some changes yesterday. I tried to install gtkradiant for my urban terror installation where I need to have all zpak's who were inside the /usr/local/games/urban-terror/ folder exracted in my ~/.q3a/q3ut4 folder.

Perhaps this fixed my problem, probably because my game now almost runs independently before performing this action that .q3a map had only a view configurable files and also my mitsubushi installation.
~ Cheers

xF.

#7 User is offline   Facerip Icon

• Account: facerip

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Get rid of gnome-shell or unity and your alt tab issues will be fixed. I suggest trying something like fluxbox. This is an issue between how urban terror grabs input from the mouse and how the window manager drops input. I fixed this by installing fluxbox window manager. I get better fps now and I can alt tab all day long.

Dell Inspiron 14R
Debian 7.3, kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64, Xorg Version: 1:7.7+3~deb7u1.
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI M96 [Mobility Radeon HD 4650] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942