Urban Terror Forums: UrT 4.2.015 won't start on Windows XP SP3 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT 4.2.015 won't start on Windows XP SP3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   asshat76 Icon

• Account: asshat76

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hi. I just downloaded the full zip file for 4.2.015 from this very site, extracted, and ran Quake3-UrT.exe , and everytime it will show the small loading text window (the one with Copy and Clear buttons on the bottom) , then go fullscreen (which is gray), then while there, it will pop up an error box that it has encountered an error and, of course, needs to close. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this, or better yet, have a fix. I also don't see the q3config.cfg , so i guess it hasn't loaded the game far enough for the generation of that. I did, however, locate the default.cfg, copy it out of the pk3 file and rename it to q3config.cfg, but that helped nothing. I have also tried changing the resolution manually in the autoexec.cfg (which I could tell actually changed the resolution) , but that still resulted in the same error dialog on the gray screen. I also ran the updater, it said i was up to date. So what do I need to look for? Thanks for any help.

P.S. Specs: Athlon XP2500+, 2GB RAM, BFG 6800GT-OC, WinXPSP3

At least my 4.1 installation still works fine :)

This post has been edited by asshat76: 03 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

#2 User is offline   asshat76 Icon

• Account: asshat76

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

Nevermind, found this https://github.com/B...UrT-no-SSE2.exe , and it solved the problem, all works fine now. The problem had been addressed on another thread for version 4.2.012 or .13 but the executable linked from there would not work on mine. The problem is of course older processor not supporting SSE2, so this is the fix I found with Google. Thank you Barbatos and p5yc0runn3r for compiling this version! :)

This post has been edited by asshat76: 03 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942