Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot log in to site from Singapore Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm posting on behalf of our Singaporean players...

I don't know of a single player from Singapore that can access the site.
In our clan, we have been logging in to the site for them and pasting their auth codes for them in emails/chats.
It seems very odd indeed that a whole country would be unable to login to the site, so I thought you guys would like to know.
It only recently occurred to us that all the afflicted players were from SG, so sorry for not bringing this to your attention sooner... it's actually been this way at least since 4.2.012, whenever that was :)

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Accessing it using the IP might be worth a try (copy/paste 91.121.174.74 into the browser, instead of www.urbanterror.info).

#3 User is offline   Nstar Icon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 10 December 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Accessing it using the IP might be worth a try (copy/paste 91.121.174.74 into the browser, instead of www.urbanterror.info).

I've passed it along, I'll report back with results

#4 User is offline   Nstar Icon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postxoai, on 11 December 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

I've passed it along, I'll report back with results

nope, didn't work... thanks for the idea though

i don't know if i mentioned before, but this isn't a very pressing issue, as we can work around it, but i don't think our workaround is in the fair play spirit of the auth system. Otherwise, why not make accounts for banned players and pass the auth along to them without them having to login to the site with banned ip...

anyway...

#5 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think Singapore censors some web content, this site might have been added because of the name. If this is the case, they might want to look into using an overseas proxy.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nstar Icon

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 11 December 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I think Singapore censors some web content, this site might have been added because of the name. If this is the case, they might want to look into using an overseas proxy.

That does make some sense, but the site isn't blocked overall, just the ability to login. They can still visit the site, download the game, read on the forums, etc. They just can't login. Very strange... but I will get one of them to try logging in with a proxy and see what happens.

#7 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

If they can access the site already, I don't think a proxy will help. Being able to access the site but not being able to login is a really strange problem, you might need to talk to RaideR or someone else on the networking side of things in Frozen Sand to troubleshoot it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942