• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Server bugging? Rate Topic: -----

Commands dont affect some settings

#1 User is offline   szybowiec Icon

• Account: szybowiec

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I have really big problem with sv_allowdownload
On my servers, they are set to 0, when in cfg its 1, and i typed many times /rcon sv_allowdownload 1 - still 0
Another problem is mapcycle dont work. When in cfg its "map.txt" and i typed /rcon g_mapcycle map.txt (after retypeing /rcon g_mapcycle its says "map.txt") but g_nextmap is "". Literaly i mean "nomap". If i set g_nextmap to 4 ex. ut4_turnpike, its ok. its cycle after match to turnpike. Then, to algiers/abbey when they are in map.txt(turnpike is too in map.txt), but, after cycle, g_nextmap is ""...
Any advice?

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

sv_allowdownload is correct to be 0

and you have an error in maps.txt that causes the game to not understand your map cycle. can you copy/paste what is inside maps.txt for more help.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   szybowiec Icon

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

How it is possible? I wish players can download maps what are actually on server, cant force server to allow it
Cycle(copypasta from my mapcycle file):
  • ut4_casa
  • ut4_kingdom
  • ut4_turnpike
  • ut4_abbey
  • ut4_prague
  • ut4_uptown
  • ut4_algiers
  • ut4_austria
  • ut4_elgin
  • ut4_oildepot
  • ut4_swim
  • ut4_harbortown
  • ut4_eagle
  • ut4_suburbs
  • ut4_subway

This post has been edited by szybowiec: 21 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

#4 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postszybowiec, on 21 December 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

How it is possible? I wish players can download maps what are actually on server, cant force server to allow it
Cycle(copypasta from my mapcycle file):
  • ut4_casa
  • ut4_kingdom
  • ut4_turnpike
  • ut4_abbey
  • ut4_prague
  • ut4_uptown
  • ut4_algiers
  • ut4_austria
  • ut4_elgin
  • ut4_oildepot
  • ut4_swim
  • ut4_harbortown
  • ut4_eagle
  • ut4_suburbs
  • ut4_subway

I want to see what your maps.txt file looks like with out you altering the copy/paste

sv_allowdownload is locked at 0 and does not affect players being able to download from the server.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#5 User is offline   szybowiec Icon

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

So, whats the problem? When for ex. trying to downlaod map from my server when connecting to it, after 1 sec. of download its stops, and starts again, over and over again. all of players had same problem

I can upload it, but, its all whats in maps.txt

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

I need to see whats inside your maps.txt file, you still have not shown me.

I don't need a list of maps inside it - I need to see the exact layout of the file incase their is a error in your mapcycle file

what is the value of your sv_dlURL server cvar?

#7 User is offline   szybowiec Icon

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

If You say so, there is it
sv_dlURL default set to urbanterror.info (on jump server its http://maps.goreclan.net/q3ut4 and still cant download any map at start)

Edit:
Strange, when i look in the console, all maps like dust2 or bstjumps are "not in the pure list". What now?
Edit2:
And this "could not find weapon [number]" is annoying...
Whats with this? cant enter my own server, when i know, they are people in it

This post has been edited by szybowiec: 22 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

#8 User is offline   szybowiec Icon

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well, i fixed autodownload problem, but im wondering why with correct mapcycle /rcon g_nextmap show only "", not for ex "turnpike"
On jumps, default team is GREEN not PURPLE...why..? if i set g_nextmap on my own, GREEN team transform into PURPLE. I dont get it. And /rcon cyclemap cycle maps with order i set in maps.txt and for ex jumps.txt
What to do?

EDIT:
now when i enter server i got error line with "couldn't find weapon 249"...buggy
EDIT2:
Goddamnit. Server is online, but, its not on the server list, dissapeard somehow. On for ex. gametracker (http://www.gametrack....248.107:27961/) its on the list, with 0/0 players when i can connect... on urbanterror.info i cant find my server on the list. In game browser its function normally...

This post has been edited by szybowiec: 24 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

#9 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

First off: you do not put the q3ut4 directory in the sv_dlURL string as the game will take what is in this cvar and add /q3ut4/ to it. By using http://maps.goreclan.net/q3ut4 the server was looking for maps at: http://maps.goreclan.net/q3ut4/q3ut4/

Also http:// has a double slash which is used for comments so everything after "http:" could have been ignored.

The correct string would be like this:

sets sv_dlURL "maps.goreclan.net"

For the "weapon XXX not found error" is because you have set g_needpass to "0" on a passworded server or you have the same cvar set twice. the best practice would be to add this cvar to your start script and remove it from any config files. if the server has a password then the value should be "1" and if there is no password then the value should be "0".

Can you provide me with your server config as you seem to have many strange issues.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942