Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having the mother of all Issues Rate Topic: -----

PC glitches (netgraph)

#1 User is offline   bobjote Icon

• Account: bobjote

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hey guys. First post, but long time player here and I've hit a bit of a snag. I've been playing URT on my old ass laptop for neigh on 6-7 years now. To add to that, it has been running smooth as a dream. Generally smooth framerate and no abnormalities to speak of. Now the server I play on is updating to 4.2 and I thought I should as well. Well the first game I tried went fine, but the next map I loaded I got the whole shibang. Sudden freezes causing gaps in the netgraph followed by large red blocks and occasionally black. Now I had never experienced this before so I became very familiar with the netgraph this past week. The ping doesn't seem to matter and it will happen on a 30png server the same as a 150png server. I have a ethernet cable that in turn has ~40-50 mbps. Laptop specs are abit irrelevant but graphics card is the factory standard on a XP Inspiron 1501. (holy shit I know) Anyway any help is appreciated, and dearly needed. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hi bobjote,

Firstly, do not use previous configs from older versions - alot has changed in 4.2 including default cvars.

you may also be interested in using http://www.r00t.cz/SW/UrbanTerror

it includes many additional features that can be used for smoother gameplay.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

^this +

A wireless router that dies slowly happens.

1- try playing wired.
2- try wired directly in the modem.

If the problem goes away, it might be the router. If it doesn't, then its not related to the router.

Enjoy !

#4 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I'm gonna say it's his old ass laptop.. I had the same problem.. I'm on an old dell D630 with 1 gig ram.

The r00t launcher works a treat.. :ohmy:

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 03 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

#5 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Well, last year I was noticing my UrT performance degrading.
To a point were I decided to pass a 50 feet RJ-45 cable through my hardwood floor.
Only to end up with nothing working at all 2 weeks later.
Got a new router and BOOM ! problem solved.

(Kept the RJ-45 anyway...)

#6 User is offline   bobjote Icon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

I will download and try the launcher, sorry for the late response. In response to the networking question I am running wired, I have an Ethernet cable that gets me around 30-40mbps so it's not that. Thanks for the replies will check back in.

#7 User is offline   bobjote Icon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. When playing on big maps with lots of people (I tested it on the two with the highest traffic,) I still get major stuttering and gaps in the green bar in the lag-o-meter.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942