• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Update/Install Rate Topic: -----

Update from 4.1

#1 User is offline   stevansky Icon

• Account: stevansky

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hello! I began playing URT several years ago and haven't been active for awhile. So I was surprised when I tried to play (ver. 4.1) only to find there wasn't anyone there! Looks like I will have to install 4.2 in order to continue but I have a few questions if someone has time:

Can I upgrade the version I have or should I just delete everything and start all over?

Can I save any of the maps I downloaded over the years or will all of those have to be downloaded again as I play them?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to trying the new version.

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

View Poststevansky, on 06 January 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Can I upgrade the version I have or should I just delete everything and start all over?

You can keep 4.1 if you want, but 4.2 should be installed in a different location. Don't try to install 4.2 over 4.1 or you will run into problems.

Can I save any of the maps I downloaded over the years or will all of those have to be downloaded again as I play them?u

Yes, you can cut/copy/paste from 4.1 into the new 4.2 q3ut4 folder, or into the q3ut4 folder in the location given by /fs_homepath in console.

Thanks for your help. I look forward to trying the new version.

Great to see players from 4.1 moving over :)

#4 User is offline   stevansky Icon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the info. Although I can keep 4.1 is there any point? Unless there are other 4.1 servers out there I can point it to it's pretty much useless, right?

I started to download the full version of 4.2 but since I'm on a rather slow DSL ISP I think I'll start it up again when I turn in and let it download overnight. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from there and it will run ok on my system. I have an old Dell E521 running Vista that I slightly upgraded the processor in and 4gb of ram, plus an old graphics card I installed that didn't really make much difference. :laugh:

Thanks again for the help!

This post has been edited by stevansky: 07 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

#5 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

View Poststevansky, on 07 January 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Although I can keep 4.1 is there any point? Unless there are other 4.1 servers out there I can point it to it's pretty much useless, right?

You can still access 4.1 servers if you have the IP or URL (and they are still running). You should still be able to locate them using a master server other than the urban terror one. Whether that's worthwhile or not will come down to personal opinion. I quit playing 4.1 back in April last year because 4.2 is so much better, but not everyone feels the same way.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   stevansky Icon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Guess I'm stuck with 4.1 for now. I tried to download and run the updater but it only makes it to file 4 or 5 out of 33 before throwing an error. Then tried to download the full version several times and it fails about half way through the download. Managed to get to about 450 meg out of what it estimated was a 1.6 gb file. I'll try again later or get a friend who has a better ISP to download me a copy.

#7 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

I can feel with you - currently I have max. 180 kilobyte/s

Some times I had problems with the Updater and sometimes not...

Try a download manager.

It's worth it. Forget 4.1.

#8 User is offline   stevansky Icon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

Success!! Left it downloading full again while I ran some errands this morning and it had the whole file when I got back this time. Seems to work quite well at the moment. Still have a lot of tweaking to do to get it just right but at least it works now. Thanks for your help everyone!

One feature I'm not familiar with is Log In. I got my auth code and applied it, logged in and it displays my player name and my auth name. Then I logged out and played a few more rounds without it. What's the purpose of this feature?

#9 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I prefer to download the full version, because the updater bugs too often me thinks :p

Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942