• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes for HK69 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   goplin Icon

• Account: goplin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hi everyone. Here are some proposals about HK69 facelifting. Currently it operates very similarly to hand grenades. I suggest to upgrade it in the next ways:
- increase muzzle velocity (therefore, range);
- make grenades exploding instantly on hit;
- making it secondary weapon (maybe).
Basically, this will make HK69 a new type of exploding weapons (similar to Battlefield grenade launchers), instead of duplicating hand gren functionality.

This post has been edited by goplin: 02 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

#2 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Actually it doesn't really duplicate hand grenades functionality, since HK grenades have a bigger damage radius than regular grenades.

The changes you mentioned would imbalance it making it too much overpowered. Many of us (me included) come from the FPS Arena games (Quake 3, Unreal) where shooting rockets at others' feet was a must to know and to master. Autos would have little chance and snipers even less.

I'd be more willing to discuss changes like: reload time, number of shells that you carry (they're not very much).

But detonation on impact and remote detonation would make it too powerful. That's my opinion though.

#3 User is offline   goplin Icon

• Account: goplin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Blast radius if HK grenade can be smaller than that of hand grenade, actual 40 mm grenades are weaker. It should kill fully armored player from a distance of about a meter or so, otherwise only damaging and maybe crippling one.

Imbalance concerns make sense, skilled grenadier in BF2 can deliver some nuisance, but skilled is the keyword here. Targeting with those grenades is more complex than Quake/UT rockets, sinse they are moving by parabola, and with properly nerfed blast radius it can be quite hard to hit closely enough to moving target.

Anyway, this game has instakill SR-8, auto weapons are much more powerful than those of Quake/UT, so, I believe, modified HK can be interesting, but not that imbalanced, addition.

This post has been edited by goplin: 02 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

#4 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

True, the movement is different from rockets, but not that much. I mean, the parabola is not really arched and I think the ease of shooting would be similar. But well, like I said, that's just my impression. Maybe seeing it would be different.

#5 User is offline   wonderkins Icon

• Account: wonderkins

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

I love the hk. But it gets spammed by lots of people at the same time on some maps, which already makes it hard to play. Can you imagine all those same people being able to spam with instant explosions? That would be unplayable.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

I have suggested many times an adjustable (Weaponmode) fuse for your nades. you can choose between 1, 1.5, 2, 3, and 4 second fuses. This means you can quickly choose to go on 1 second fuses for short range base infiltration or 4 second for cross-map longbombs.

It isn't remote detonation or explode on impact - those would suck.

Also a slight damage/explosion radius increase wouldn't hurt. Carrying 2 HE nades are much more valuable than 4 HK grenades right now because of the "cooking" ability on the HEs. Having 1 second (maybe a bit too short) fuses would function quite like a 'cooked' HE nade while not being overpowered.

I also second the opinion for making it a secondary weapon.

#7 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

I do not agree with the fuse times especially the 1 second fuse time. That will be like having an explode on impact. In one second form fire, there is no escape. You just go in rush and fire the HK and boom player dead... This makes if very overpowered. With the current timings, you can time HK to detonate on fall but you have to know how to use it.

P.S.: In the new BETA we have added the damage caused by an HK direct hit to 50 points instead of 25.

I do agree with secondary weapon though, I will ask for a vote ;)
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#8 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

Remember that Sr8 can kill someone from across the entire map and it's being buffed to have no movement penalty. HK69 requires a ton of skill(luck?) to be used effectively. 90% of the time it hit someone, it isn't even a kill, just an injure, and I could have done that with one shot of a lr300. Maybe the 1 second fuse is a bit much, but the idea is still there. A balance between 'Shoot really high up in the air and hope it lands on their head' and 'insta-death explode on impact' would be really nice, and I think the ability to pick a shorter fuse time would be a nice fit. Again, the timings could be something like 2-3-4 seconds

With sr8, you can shoot it in a straight line across the map. If anyone is in the way of that line as you shoot, they get hit. HK69 does a "dot" of damage, meaning that you don't have to just aim for left/right/up/down, you also have to aim for forward/backward, AND also time the grenade to explode when you want it to. The upside is that it is AOE damage not single target.

The thing is, the cons, right now, outweigh the pros for using this weapon.

One thing I think might not work about my fuse idea is that there would be no ability to change the HK to long/short range, so maybe a different type of improvement like a slightly larger damage and kill zone or more ammo would work better.

#10 User is offline   HongKongFuey Icon

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hello World ... Can we discuss thoughts of adding additional shell types to HK s bandolier ??? I have always wished I had an option of ordinance to fire i.e. ,smoke , flash bang , etc . I KNOW everyone hates smoke , but it is a useful tool on the battle field . I usually only use HK against a deeply camped area ,to break up the camp etc , but have often thought it would be cool to have a toggled shell choice for this option. PS . servers that hate smoke use have the option to turn this choice off .( for the smoke whiners... )

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942