• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The long anticipated list Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   timez96 Icon

• Account: timez96
  • Main tag:

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

tbh I have no clue how Downuri cheated, I've played a lot of 1vs1 vs him, seen 2 1vs1 demos, seen 5 5on5 demos, and imo he was clear, and rapid said that he was clear too. I didn't spot the hack. So this was a big surprise for me.

#32 User is offline   badassmothafaker.slo Icon

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Thank you FS team. I have been waiting on this for years. But eventually there will be no cheaters with FS account, only the ones without it. How to spot them other than in spectator mode?

#33 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

View Posttimez96, on 24 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

tbh I have no clue how Downuri cheated, I've played a lot of 1vs1 vs him, seen 2 1vs1 demos, seen 5 5on5 demos, and imo he was clear, and rapid said that he was clear too. I didn't spot the hack. So this was a big surprise for me.

Well they dont have to cheat all the time to get detected im guess cheating once or twice is enough to get detected.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#34 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

View Postbadassmothafaker.slo, on 24 January 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thank you FS team. I have been waiting on this for years. But eventually there will be no cheaters with FS account, only the ones without it. How to spot them other than in spectator mode?

For this, the server admins could be change the server configuration for accept only authed players, it's a admin decision. :rolleyes:

But not all gamers like authentication system for various reasons (privacy, trolling, etc..). Also to the new players, the login system can be a little confusing.

#35 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

View Postbadnewsbears, on 24 January 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

well it's good to know that it's still working, keep up the good work.

Still curious how FS will handle those who have multiple accounts with one banned (i.e. magni also having the account doablaze, as indicated on his UZ profile http://urban-zone.or...layer&cid=37367

I must say, I do like how few cheaters I see in 4.2 compared to 4.1, as it gives me more time to play instead of watching demos.

As I have said before, The banlists are currently what we have now (and we can only work with what we've got). Last year we didnt even have an Anti-Cheat. Things are progressing forward for the better, perhaps not to the speed that people want but we are moving in the right direction.

We have many ideas and are currently as we speak commissioning new tools to handle things like duplicate accounts, whether that be making registering aliases harder or making detection of them easier.

I cannot say much more than that unfortunately, however please remember this: what frustrates you as a player, also frustrates us. We are not ignoring you, we are simply trying to get the work done first.

Today is a good day as it proves we are making it harder each day for cheat developers to continue with their cheats and that not even the people good at hiding their usage can hide from us forever.

And if we are extremely lucky we might see a third list before christmas this year too :P
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostNitro, on 24 January 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

And if we are extremely lucky we might see a third list before christmas this year too :P

depending on whether Santa's elves leak the naughty list.

#37 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

View Posttimez96, on 24 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

That is exactly why an AC is needed so bad.

View Postbadassmothafaker.slo, on 24 January 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

As time go by, legit players will play authed all the time.
PUB servers for new players (like FFA, TDM, Low gravity, etc.) can leave the door open for non authed players.
PUB servers where higher level player go on a regular basis will eventually be able to require an authed account.

The situation is not perfect, but it is going in the right direction.

#38 User is offline   dennisn Icon

• Account: dennisn

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

How does this "anti-cheat system" work? And what is an "authed account"?

#39 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

^^^ Wouldn't you like to know. :) you could be a hacker and we would never know find out soon. just google it. JK haha

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#40 User is offline   Swaggzilla Icon

• Account: swaggzilla
  • Main tag: )O,O(

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

XIXION A CHEATER *GASP*, like this is news to anyone who saw him go from beef to xixion, a player with the worst game sense I think I've ever seen to what he was. Called it from the beginning.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942