• You cannot reply to this topic

No HITS! -4.2.018 Rate Topic: -----

Fix the terrible hits please

#11 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

The new system gears towards skill. If you aim, you hit, it is that simple.
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#12 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 28 January 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

The new system gears towards skill. If you aim, you hit, it is that simple.

I have been biting my lip SO hard to keep from spilling details.
So excited.

#13 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostRonaldlee, on 28 January 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

If you want to fix this problem, then remove the 100 or so lines of unlagged code.

If you know the code and the number of lines that need removing why do you just sit there and demand the problem be fixed for you? why are you not submitting a bug report or making a post with details and facts as to what you think the problem is.

just saying "remove the unlagged code" isn't helpful, and if you give a vague response your more than likely just going to fall on death ears.

If you want the your problem fixed start being specific
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#14 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

First of all it's not the unlagged code, it's a different implementation by TwentySeven. This will be the case unless someone has made changes in 4.2 development (and in such a case it is not recorded in the changelog).

Second, the handling of high vs low ping players in the netcode is not a problem. This is the reality of trying to handle the varying latency of players in different geographical locations. If you got hit when you are already behind a wall, it still means that they had their crosshair on you and shot you. If they were closer in distance to the server's geographical location it would have registered before you got behind the wall - that's the only difference.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 29 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

#15 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 29 January 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Second, the handling of high vs low ping players in the netcode is not a problem. This is the reality of trying to handle the varying latency of players in different geographical locations. If you got hit when you are already behind a wall, it still means that they had their crosshair on you and shot you. If they were closer in distance to the server's geographical location it would have registered before you got behind the wall - that's the only difference.

if that's not a problem then what is?
i suppose psychorunner does not rewrite the hitcode just for fun? what does currently not work?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 29 January 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

if that's not a problem then what is?

That is the best solution for people playing with different latencies to a server. If you still consider it a problem, you should only play on servers where there is a ping limit below your tolerance level, where you won't notice that it's happening.

And it's not a problem, but judging by your response I think both of us can find more important things to do than me trying to teach it to you.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 29 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

#17 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 29 January 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

i suppose psychorunner does not rewrite the hitcode just for fun? what does currently not work?

netcode vs hitcode - not the same.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 29 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

#18 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostNitro, on 29 January 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

....if you give a vague response your more than likely just going to fall on death ears.

If you want the your problem fixed start being specific

At our team practice we played two maps as usual TS. I approached an enemy from the side and was about 10 feet (real world comparison) from the enemy when I fired the AK, full clip, received absolutely no hit on the player. Ping for that player was about 60 and mine was about 85. Other instances occurred where I fired the DE right into the face of several enemy players and received no hit. I was only able to get hits to some degree by using the SR8, which I found quite odd. Other players who were at the practice experienced very similar hit issues. We also discovered that the high pingers (190 and up) were able to get great hits and accurate shots. Out of 14 people there, only three were in the high ping range. And so not much else to explain.

I'm just not going to play again until the next release and I will hope for collusion improvement or restoration. I have played since 2001 and have been a supporter of the game since 2003 (servers and such). But with this most recent release (.018), I am shaking my head.

#19 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostRonaldlee, on 29 January 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

At our team practice we played two maps as usual TS. I approached an enemy from the side and was about 10 feet (real world comparison) from the enemy when I fired the AK, full clip, received absolutely no hit on the player. Ping for that player was about 60 and mine was about 85. Other instances occurred where I fired the DE right into the face of several enemy players and received no hit. I was only able to get hits to some degree by using the SR8, which I found quite odd. Other players who were at the practice experienced very similar hit issues. We also discovered that the high pingers (190 and up) were able to get great hits and accurate shots. Out of 14 people there, only three were in the high ping range. And so not much else to explain.

I played a rare low ping game with someone for a couple of maps the other night, and had a similar experience. I've been waiting to get a few more games to really confirm it though. Also, on the same server a couple of nights before that, we had around 10 players and neither myself or anyone else noticed any issues.

#20 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 29 January 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

That is the best solution for people playing with different latencies to a server. If you still consider it a problem, you should only play on servers where there is a ping limit below your tolerance level, where you won't notice that it's happening.

And it's not a problem, but judging by your response I think both of us can find more important things to do than me trying to teach it to you.

you might've misunderstood something i wrote..

View Postthelionroars, on 29 January 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

netcode vs hitcode - not the same.

well, obviously..

i simply want to know what's wrong with the hitcode? we were told that hits are on the spot now (somewhere in the endless 4.2.00x history) and players confirmed that hits have improved compared to 4.1, so why are "hits" up for discussion again? aside from the current issues with .018 or was the .018 issue the reason for psycho to start working.. i'd simply would like to have a little development history here ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942