Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Demo viewing commands Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   _nSS (old) Icon

• LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:25 AM

Could anyone link me to something with demo commands? E.g. Noclip, allow 3rd person, etc.

Thanks for your time.

#2 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

com_cameramode 1
ENABLE THIS so you can see scores, etc. And you won't instantly exit the demo if you bump any non-function key, except Escape.

cg_thirdperson
cg_thirdpersonangle
cg_thirdpersonrange

timescale (0-125)
Default is 1. Controls how fast playback is. 0 is pause. 0.5 is half speed. 2 is 2x, etc. Also works in /devmap, which is pretty fun vs bots.:P Really bugged online with devmap, don't try it.

Think that's it. You can only view from the demo recorder's pov, unfortunately.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#3 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:10 AM

View Postdon, on 10 November 2009 - 05:04 AM, said:

com_cameramode 1

omfg, so many times I've exited demos because I tried to look at the scoreboard. Thx Don.

#4 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hey there I have written an entire guide for demo's and playback. What don said is right on, (in fact I learned something new there too.) If you want more info you can look here:

Round 8: Screen shots, Demos and Recording

Hope it helps.
<taggedzi>
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Doctor Who

#5 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:56 AM

Cameramode resets itself sometimes, too. I'm not sure the condition, but I am guessing it has to do with either exiting the demo before it finishes, or letting the demo finish and return to the menu. One of the two causes it to reset to 0. I play it safe and just find a function (F##) key to com_cameramode 1, and hit it as soon as the demo is loaded.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   PredraG Icon

• Account: predrag

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

Just to ask a little question. How you guys view other players demo if they share it for others to download. Are you copy that others demo in your urt demo folder and watch it under game/watch demo or ...? Txk.

This post has been edited by PredraG: 02 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

www.last.fm/user/Sky90po www.soundcloud.com/sky90po www.myspace.com/sky90po

#7 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Yes.

The in-game demo browser has limitations so you may find that the newly added demo doesn’t show up in the list. In this case you can start the demo with /demo <filename> (you can copy the filename from your file browser and paste it in the console), or by using the .net clan demo manager (currently Windows-only).
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#8 User is offline   PredraG Icon

• Account: predrag

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

It work without command's. Thx.
Also, is it safe to me to share my demos of sk's and hacking(aimbots etc)!?

omfg, so many times I've exited demos because I tried to look at the scoreboard. Thx Don.

Why not using score board when demo?
www.last.fm/user/Sky90po www.soundcloud.com/sky90po www.myspace.com/sky90po

#9 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Yes, sharing demos is safe, demos do not contain anything that could be used to impersonate you, cheater demos will not “infect” the game of the person watching them, etc. Or did you mean something else?

About the second question, demos only record data that’s been sent to and confirmed by the server (everything that can affect other players or requires information from the server); purely local actions such as looking at the scoreboard, displaying echoes or changing gamma are not saved. This is a Good Thing, meaning that you can choose exactly how to display the demo when you’re for example rendering it into video.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#10 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

such post revive. :)

View PostPredraG, on 03 February 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Also, is it safe to me to share my demos of sk's and hacking(aimbots etc)!?

demos of you hacking ? :P (bad joke,ik...)
but as jrandomnoob said a demo is only a copy of your communication with the server. so when a server admin bans someone he also has to search the serverlog for the player, which is why you often are asked to leave the timestamp in the filename and/or add a short note about the time.
even a demo of someone whomstole your name wouldnt get you banned (as long as he didnt stolw a whole copy of your game,e.g. qkey, auth, as well as he has your IP)

View PostPredraG, on 03 February 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Why not using score board when demo?

well, you can use the scoreboard while recording. it wont appear in the demo.
but when you try to view the scoreboard while replaying that will break the replay. (see OP by don)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942