Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrtU File Corruption Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CryptoTheSlow Icon

• Account: cryptotheslow

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

Hi

I've been trying to update v4.2.012 to the latest on and off over the last week and keep running into problems with the updater throwing "file corrupt blah blah" errors on any of the larger files.

I read that there has been issues with the updater in the past - so I grabbed the latest version of UrtU and dropped it into my install folder and ran that - same thing.

Is this still a known issue? Or is it generally working OK for people these days? (It may just be my 3G connection being flaky).

As an aside - what's the actual difference in download size using the updater (when it works) compared to just grabbing the full install and unzipping it? As far as I could see the updater was going to grab pretty much all the .pk3 files anyway judging by the file count, which as installed are ~1.5GB vs. the full install download being ~1.6GB.

edit Forgot to mention Linux 64bit in case that is relevant.

Thanks

This post has been edited by CryptoTheSlow: 31 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

#2 User is offline   CryptoTheSlow Icon

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

I suspect this is down to my connection being a flaky piece of crap - I just ran a repository update (apt-get update) and one of those files failed its checksums only to be fine the 2nd time around.

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

It's more a problem with the backend rather than the updater - the server infrastructure seems to have intermittent issues. I use the updater and have only run into problems a couple of times.

There is no difference in download size between the updater and the full zip or update zip.

#4 User is offline   CryptoTheSlow Icon

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 31 January 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

It's more a problem with the backend rather than the updater - the server infrastructure seems to have intermittent issues. I use the updater and have only run into problems a couple of times.

There is no difference in download size between the updater and the full zip or update zip.

Thanks for that, I'll just grab the full install tarball then :)

#5 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Had a friend try to download via the updater a few days ago and after 20+ tries of getting file corrupted messages, he finally grabbed the full download. The updater almost never works for me either and I have a rock solid connection.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942