Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Edited pk3s Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fragtag Icon

• Account: fragtag

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Not sure how much you can tell me, but hopefully you can verify one simple question:
Does the Anti-Cheat look for modified pk3s, which more specifically, gun textures?

#2 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

http://www.urbanterr...f-service/#1.26

INAPPROPRIATE TOPICS

Modifications (Mods):
The development team asks you not to modify Urban Terror or its resources files in any way. Please respect their choice. Do not create threads about this.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

oh man. such cite.
i mean i totally understand that, but still.
he didn't ask how to mod or if he is allowed to mod,....

so im just gonna imply you were asking if the system checks for that, because you wanted to know out of whatever reason not against the guidelines (like pure curiosity).
Always be aware of what the OP says and that modding the game could be referred as cheating.

I don't really know about the AC system (which does the global acc bans) but the pure check, which is enabled on nearly every server.
so if the server has sv_pure 1 and someone tries to connect with modded assets loaded he/she wont be allowed to join. (if he/she would still have the un-modded assets, a reconnect would get you around this, but with the default assets)

hope that answers your question.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

As a legit player you don’t want to modify any of the existing PK3s anyway since this would make it impossible to use them online without, you know, cheating. As for additional PK3s triggering the anticheat — such a check would be pointless (you can’t load the modified assets anyway without screwing with the pure check which I assume would be more easily detected) and, depending how thorough you want to be, very resource-intensive (i.e. the startup/load sequence would take noticably longer than in 4.1). Not to mention the possibility of false positives caused by slightly corrupted PK3s.

So yeah, your tiger-striped gold Deagle skin or whatnot can’t get you into trouble. I personally have run the game with various custom PK3s replacing some skins and such, for testing purposes or just fooling around, and as you can see I’m not banned even though I’ve played online numerous times with the files still in the folder.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#5 User is offline   HongKongFuey Icon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

i just want my Zebra striped puffer fish battle thong to show through my camies ,,, is that so wrong ??? ;0)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942