Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Suggestion] nextmap load delay Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hey, quick suggestion here:

Could we have a new cvar (server side) to delay the nextmap loading? It's annoying having to hurry up once you finish a match to type commands.
I'd like to be able to talk about the nextmap or else while looking at the scoreboard.

For example:
sv_nextmapload 0 (no change), 1 (set on a timer), 2 (has to be changed manually)
sv_nextmaploadtime 15 (in seconds)

something like that in the server.cfg would be neat

I don't think I need to give more details, everyone gets the point

#2 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

It should probably be g_cooldown, since it's the same as g_warmup but on the other end of a game. ...or is it g_initialwarmup, and so g_postcooldown? :tongue: ...maybe both?

As for your sv_nextmapload, I don't see a need for two CVars here. If you default g_cooldown to whatever the timer is now, then you don't need sv_nextmapload 0. If g_cooldown is just a value in seconds (or milliseconds), you don't need sv_nextmapload 1. sv_nextmapload 2 might be useful, but you could either just set the timer sufficiently long, or make it so a timer of 0 is infinite instead of instant.

I don't personally see any reason to use this, but I support more customization. :biggrin:
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#3 User is offline   OlGood Icon

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

thanks to mods the the correction in the title.

I was thinking about a second cvar only to decide of the time, but it's not necessary yeah.

g_cooldown 0 =infinite
g_cooldown 1 =default
g_cooldown "anyvalue" =that value in seconds?

It seems like something good to me, I don't know about all of you guys. I'll like some answers on this.
More time to check our stats, and/or type a command.

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I might be wrong, but if no "g_nextmap" is set, the server will stay displaying the scoreboard for ever with no map load.

If that works as a solution, then, you can use:

/rcon g_nextmap ""

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostBiddle, on 08 March 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I might be wrong, but if no "g_nextmap" is set, the server will stay displaying the scoreboard for ever with no map load.

If that works as a solution, then, you can use:

/rcon g_nextmap ""

no - what seems to happen is the next map is set to the previous map. there is a current bug with g_nextmap already in 018 where g_nextmap remains empty until someone calls a vote to change it. but once you call a vote you have to call a vote every other map aswell or the server will just keep rstarting from the first map on the cycle.

I already mentioned this bug to FS.

there is also g_nextCycleMap which I am not sure if its part of the new "current next map" addition to votes or set by third party bot like B3
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

On map load nextmap is computed instantly by parsing the mapcycle.txt fiile: such nextmap is saved in the cvar g_nextCycleMap. On timelimit/fraglimit the server checks for the cvar g_NextMap to be set (manually of after a successful nextmap callvote). If so, the value of such cvar is used otherwise the one in g_nextCycleMap. To keep holding on the final scoreboard without changing map you need to unset the g_NextMap cvar and start the server specifying an empty mapcycle file. Be aware that some ioq3 server engines automatically set g_NextMap as map_restart (restart the current level)

#7 User is offline   OlGood Icon

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

sooo it would be nice to have one or two commands for that don't you think?

one to specify if the next map should load at all,
and one to set a timer if the next map is supposed to load.

don't you think? Or just one would be enough. All I'm saying is it would be cool.

#8 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

and rcon pause on scoreboard would not work ?

#9 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostBiddle, on 09 March 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

and rcon pause on scoreboard would not work ?

This would be too easy. :dry:

Does pause work after a game while the scoreboard is showing? (....he asked without bothering to just start up the game and test it himself.) 😛
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942