Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

New bots added to the game? Rate Topic: -----

Puma is no more, but there is Eminem

#1 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Running 4.2.018 on Linux. The current version is not a clean install but an incremental update.

From time to time I start a local FFA server and add bots for an SR8 target practice. Since the last two versions or so I have not been able to add bots due to "Bot <bot_name> not defined" errors, as described in this forum post UrT Forums Tried all the bots (puma, cougar, boa, scorpion, tiger, etc.) and they all came up with the same error.

Tonight I started poking around in the console and after entering "/botlist" command I got a list of bots:

dre
xaero
orbb
slash
sorlag
major/daemia
uriel
ranger/wrack
keel
bitterman
visor/gorre
anarki
tankjr
razor/patriot
biker/cadavre
lucy/angel
klesk
doom/phobos
mynx
visor
lucy
hunter
razor
major
biker
sarge
grunt/stripe
grunt
ranger
doom
biker/hossman
bones
crash
dre
eminem

I listed only models, the full list is in the format <name> <model> <aifile> <funname>.
Not all bots can be added, as some of them come up with errors while loading, like dre and eminem. Didn't try all of them, but was able to add 7 or 8 bots. They all appear to carry LR and DE only.

Any comment from FS developers?

#2 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

What did you do to the game? :D

when i enter botlist i only get the normal, old list (chicken, cheeta,...)
i am also able to add these bots

On a second thought, 3 linux users who experience this? maybe FS messed something up in the linux version. However lots of servers use linux, and i see lots of bots these days

This post has been edited by YAY5637: 02 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

#4 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

Yes, for whatever reason, you have Quake 3 bot names.
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#5 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

It's the map "chronic" (chronic.pk3) downloaded in-game from the server "1up 4.2 Chronic TDM".

Found out by removing all the in-game maps downloaded to ".q3a/q3ut4" folder then ran a local server. Original, UrT, bots were back (boa, puma, tiger, ...). Started adding maps, while reloading server and running "/botlist" command in the console. Once "chronic.pk3" was back I got the list of Quake3 bots. Removing "chronic.pk3" would bring the UrT bots back.

To confirm the source I removed all the maps from ".q3a/q3ut4" folder and confirmed I got UrT bots back, then went online and joined "1up 4.2 Chronic TDM" server. Downloaded "chronic" map when prompted by the server, then disconnected and started my local server. Got Quake3 bots, plus two new ones, "dre" and "eminem". Now, if you play on that server, you'd notice one of the buildings has a big neon sign on it saying "tonight...eminem and dr. dre...sold out".

There is a couple of questions in regard to all of this. How can a content of a particular map package affect a game behaviour in another map? When I have a target practice with bots on my local server it is "ut4_algiers" map. Why is "chronic" map allowed to "disable" UrT bots and load its own? I am aware that assets in one map can cause visual problems in another. Common, and programming, sense tells me that map assets should be limited to affecting the game behaviour only on the map these assets are part of. Which raises a security question. Is it possible for a rogue server to distribute map(s) containing code which would deliberately infect the UrT client with cheatcode signatures, thus compromising UrT anticheat?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

Is it possible for a rogue server to distribute map(s) containing code which would deliberately infect the UrT client with cheatcode signatures, thus compromising UrT anticheat?

No, most servers have sv_pure set to 1 so only the pk3's that match with the sever will get loaded.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942