Urban Terror Forums: Error not letting me play - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Error not letting me play Rate Topic: -----

I keep getting an error everytime I try and play ingame on UrT (4.2)

#1 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

• Account: warlord33

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hello, (i'm new here (to 4.2, been playing 4.1 for a long time)) I would like to ask for some help with my game. I cannot play UrT because of this, and I have no idea what it means. Anyone help?

I use Cruchbang Linux (like debian).

Here is Screen Shot of error:

Edit: I dont know how to Screenshot in menu...prntscrn button isnt working either. So, instead of that, I will try and quote what it says:
"R_LoadMD3:
models/players/orion/vesttorso.md3 has more than 1000 verts on surface (28180480)"

Everything inside the speech marks is what it said. I hope I can play again soon :/

Thanks,
Warlord33/R.S./G.S. :mellow:

This post has been edited by Warlord33: 12 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

#2 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostWarlord33, on 12 May 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Hello, (i'm new here (to 4.2, been playing 4.1 for a long time)) I would like to ask for some help with my game. I cannot play UrT because of this, and I have no idea what it means. Anyone help?

I use Cruchbang Linux (like debian).

Here is Screen Shot of error:

Edit: I dont know how to Screenshot in menu...prntscrn button isnt working either.

Thanks,
Warlord33/R.S./G.S. :mellow:

For take a screenshot in menu, down de console and put this:

/wait 2000; screenshotJPEG

Hidde the console and go to screenshot game folder :smile:

#3 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostDrizzt, on 12 May 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hide the console and go to screenshot game folder :smile:

erm, I took the SS (thx) but I have no screenshot game folder. Unfortunately, my dad downloaded this for me, so I dont know where it is (although I found 2 folders for UrT so far) but neither of them include anything of importance. I cant find the stuff I downloaded (maps) or anything else (like SS folders).

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostWarlord33, on 12 May 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

erm, I took the SS (thx) but I have no screenshot game folder. Unfortunately, my dad downloaded this for me, so I dont know where it is (although I found 2 folders for UrT so far) but neither of them include anything of importance. I cant find the stuff I downloaded (maps) or anything else (like SS folders).

Thanks!

The profile game on linux is on hidden folder, like this (if you don't see .q3a try with ctrl+H):

/home/your_user/.q3a/q3ut4/screenshots/

About your problem, maybe is for corrupt file, try checking the md5 checksums, have to be like this:

http://www.urbanterr.../downloads/#1.8

If it's not the same, try downloading the game again.

This post has been edited by Drizzt: 12 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

#5 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Here is ScreenShot: http://tinypic.com/r/2z4h539/8

I will check that later, I do not have time now (school).

Thanks!

#6 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

well. you definetly got a corrupted file there.

this specific file is inside [i]zUrT42_0011.pk3[\i]. if you dont get a md5 missmatch on it, you will still want to check the other pk3s.
Also, such things dont get corrupted out of nothing. I would do a diskcheck, just to be sure xP (i lost a harddrive to this already, though it wasnt physically corrupted.....)

might be some third party pk3 contains a faulty version of it, but i actually doubt that.

//edit Iye:
fatal typo, its _0011

This post has been edited by Iye: 13 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#7 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostIye, on 13 May 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

this specific file is inside zUrT42_001.pk3. if you dont get a md5 missmatch on it, you will still want to check the other pk3s.

I dunno what the checksums actually means, what do the numbers and letters mean? what do I do with it?

#8 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostWarlord33, on 13 May 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

I dunno what the checksums actually means, what do the numbers and letters mean? what do I do with it?

The best and recommended way is to use the UrtUpdater program. It will do the check for all the files automatically (it retrieves its own list), and also it replaces with the last version any file failing check.

In any case, if you want to check just an individual file you can use the "md5sum" program included in Debian package coreutils (probably it is also included in CrunchBang Linux by default). You can run it in shell console giving, as argument, the name of the file to check and it should print exactly the same secuence of numbers and letters from the list for that file.

As lye says, if you suddenly get more corrupted files, it could be the symphtom of a failing hard-disk, better check it before the fatal fail...

This post has been edited by karnute: 13 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

#9 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

hmm. I did md5sum and all that, and it is the exact same, but, I launched UrT from a different location, and it worked. this May be fixed, But do not lock or archive this or whatever yet, Wait until end of week, if it is still fine, then this topic is not needed. (So long and :P) THANKS FOR ALL THE (Fish :P) HELP!

stuff in brackets in case you didnt get it: Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy quote.

#10 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

oh..... i did a fatal typo in my post.
you got to check zUrT42_0011.pk3 and not _0001 ......

also, the fact that moving UrT solved the problem suggests that you might have a bad sector (or some strange random problem, with your MfT, or even something that hasn't anything to do with filesystem. maybe restrictions/firewalls/...)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942