Urban Terror Forums: Wallhack/ r_shownormals functionality while in spec - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wallhack/ r_shownormals functionality while in spec

#1 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Since the anti-cheat doesn't ban cheaters on the spot, it would be a most useful tool to be able to turn on r_shownormals while in spec for catching cheaters. Even better would be to show something more along the lines of what an actual cheater would be using:

This functionality would of course need to be disabled while in match mode

#2 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Awesome idea.
Then cheaters wouldn't need a wallhack at all. Just a buddy sitting on teamspeak, specing him with r_shownormals, telling his mate where the enemies are.

#4 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

This is a function that should be added to enable while watching Demos, then no one can abuse it during a match, pub, etc.
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#5 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostJustMe..., on 19 May 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

This is a function that should be added to enable while watching Demos, then no one can abuse it during a match, pub, etc.

You can already use r_shownormals while watching a demo.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'm talking about Demos in UrTHD as you can also see that i made my own topic about this.
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#7 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

View Postrayne2, on 19 May 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Awesome idea.
Then cheaters wouldn't need a wallhack at all. Just a buddy sitting on teamspeak, specing him with r_shownormals, telling his mate where the enemies are.

I think there's a big difference between someone being able to tell you that there's an enemy coming around a corner vs being able to be perfectly aimed on an enemy around a corner. I already assume there's an enemy around every corner anyway.

Also as I said, this should be disabled while in match mode so there's no chance of this happening in matches. This was an idea really just for pubs, and if someone is that desperate to cheat like that in a pub who cares--I don't see it being hardly any more useful to a cheater than what's already there if you want to have a buddy help you. Right now you could have a buddy go to spec and jump around to all the players on the other team and tell you exactly where they are.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942