Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Resolution too high - again Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Monolith Icon

• Account: monolith

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong board. Also, sorry for bothering all of you with the same question again. I set the resolution too high in game, and of course, UrT won't start. I'm running Fedora, by the way, without a GPU card. The suggestions I read in previous posts did not help. Where would the .cfg file with the resolution settings be saved? There was an example .cfg file in /UrbanTerror42/q3ut4/ but it had no saved settings in it. I tried specifying the screen resolution to 800x600 in that file but that did not help. I deleted it and it still isn't starting up. Not sure if that was a great idea... is there a different .cfg file for settings saved in game?

Thanks for the help everyone, this game is awesome and I can't wait to get it running again.

#2 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

there's a "q3config.cfg" file, somewhere, I think in Linux it's in the .q3a folder in your home directory (can't really help you more than that, sorry)

In that file you wanna change "r_mode" to 4, that's a really small resolution that should help you get back to the menu
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#3 User is offline   Monolith Icon

• Account: monolith

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

Hey, thanks for the response! That worked great. When I was looking for the ".q3a" folder, I was looking in /home/monolith/games/UrbanTerror42/ for hidden folders. Don't know why I didn't piece it together after reading "it's in your home directory" a few dozen times....

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942