Urban Terror Forums: Playing at QHD resolution (3200x1800) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing at QHD resolution (3200x1800) Rate Topic: -----

UT opens in low-res; can't see any options to change settings

#1 User is offline   MisterKinish Icon

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

So, this is what I see when I start UT (see below pic)

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop. It has a QHD display. Max resolution is 3200x1800. On opening UT, the default resolution is so low that I can't see the menu or any options to change the settings. Any suggestions what I can do to get this configured properly?

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Add the following lines to 'autoexec.cfg' in your q3ut4 subfolder:

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "3200"
seta r_customheight "1800"

#3 User is offline   MisterKinish Icon

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thanks, but I see no autoexec.cfg file. I know what it is, as I've manually edited them before, but it's not there. I think because this is a fresh install, it must not have created it yet. Maybe the autoexec.cfg file is created after I've configured everything and then exit?

Does anyone have the entire text from a basic .cfg file they can copy & paste here?

#4 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

also read this topic if your using windows 8

http://www.urbanterr...mes-in-general/
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#5 User is offline   MisterKinish Icon

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostNitro, on 04 July 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

also read this topic if your using windows 8

http://www.urbanterr...mes-in-general/

Thank you Nitro! I unchecked "scaling on high DPI displays" in UT's properties>compatibility and that did the trick! UT is running in full 3200x1800!

View PostNitro, on 01 July 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hi matoro, I was helping someone else with the same symptons as you. They where using windows 8/8.1 and the problem was caused by the new "scaling on high DPI displays" feature of the new operating system.

a quick fix for UrbanTerror is to right click on the .exe and go to properties > compatibility. Then check the box at the bottom that says "disable display scaling on high dpi settings"

This post has been edited by misterkinish: 04 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

View Postmisterkinish, on 04 July 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

Thanks, but I see no autoexec.cfg file...

Hmmm. Just create it in a text editor like notepad and put the lines in, it would only be empty with a new install anyway as it contains user-specified configuration. As far as I know, fs_homepath and fs_basepath are the same on windows installs (fs_homepath is a per-user path that's searched after fs_basepath by the engine for config files and assets like zpaks, maps etc.)

Does anyone have the entire text from a basic .cfg file they can copy & paste here?

Probably best to set it yourself in the menus when you start the game. You can see other people's configs in a repository such as http://pwninja.com/index.php/configs, but note that these are for the previous version of the game.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942