Urban Terror Forums: Any way to use UrtHD as bot testing platform for educational purposes? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any way to use UrtHD as bot testing platform for educational purposes?

#1 User is offline   razieliyo Icon

• Account: razieliyo

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

Now that you're moving towards UE4, is there any possible way to use the brand new Urban Terror HD to code bots for it right now? if the answer is no, will it be possible in the future?

More concisely, I'd like to use UrtHD as framework for coding bots. I'm somewhat forced to make a project of this kind, so I guess Urt was the best choice for me since I love to play this game. Also, the step to UE4, the better, I'm currently learning that engine.

I'm not well informed of current status of UrtHD license, but as far as I remember it will be a closed license somehow, so I guess this could not be possible anyhow. Anyway, if is there any option for doing this, I'll be glad to know.

Cheers.

#3 User is offline   razieliyo Icon

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 08 July 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Bad news is I don't see allowing that kind of use of UrT.

Good news is UrT is built on the UE4 framework and Epic is rebooting Unreal Tournament, once again the same framework, and is going to make both the game code and engine source code available for free as part of the subscription.

The better news is you come up with something cool you can make the works available thought the Epic marketplace and either give it away for free or sell it.

Well! I guess that will work. The only thing I wanted is not to have to make the game myself since I want to focus on AI. I have just made a little research and you're right, they seem to be going to offer Unreal Tournament for free. Now another question remains... when?

But anyway, this is closed so.

#5 User is offline   razieliyo Icon

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Fine, what I was looking for is a fully functional game, but anyway, I'll check the Marketplace for stuff I could reuse for this, I may eventually come up with something that fits my needs. Waiting for Unreal Tournament is not really an option since I don't know when it'll be out, so I'll try to build something up with marketplace stuff as you mentioned.

Thanks for the help and interest, really! Very much appreciated =)

See you!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942