Urban Terror Forums: Launching UrT via .bat with extra params - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Launching UrT via .bat with extra params Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5r7iiii75r Icon

• Account: 5r7iiii75r

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

Hello all!

My name is Jayce and I'm really into "portable gaming" or in otherwords, sticking crap onto my USB/Hardrives and playing them on other machines. I've been reading the UrT Wikia and these forum posts regarding the CVars:
+set fs_homepath <path> +set fs_basepath <path>
, because I know in some cases, windows saves game/program data under AppData or My Documents. I read on the Wikia that UrT should have the q3ut4 folder as the homepath by default and if run as admin, but I need to be sure and don't always have the privileges.

It is to my awareness that many Windows users run UrT with extra parameters using program shortcuts. However, for 'on the go needs', having multiple shortcuts to launch Urt is not viable because the drive letter often changes depending on the port your plug into. Because of this, I would like to make a .bat script to start UrT on my USB/Hardrives that ensures that every piece of data UrT saves is on the drive with me by dictating the q3ut4 folder as the home/basepaths. (I don't know exactly why .bat was not included in UrT's Official Documentation; maybe because everyone tries to avoid .bat? I'm just looking for a way to launch UrT more efficiently ^.^)

What I have as of now far is this:
start Quake3-UrT.exe +set fs_homepath .\q3ut4\ +set fs_basepath .\q3ut4\ +exec autoexec.cfg

This "Launch".bat should start up the game with the parameters as a shortcut would, but I am having some issues pathing fs_homepath and fs_basepath to the right folder and get errors upon launch. I also am without an efficient way to check whether or not the fs_homepath and fs_basepath CVars actually worked.

I put the .bat in the same folder as Quake3-UrT.exe and to my knowledge ".\" indicates the current directory. "start" and "+exec autoexec.cfg" are fine, the problem resides in my CVar pathing.

If anyone else has already done this or has experience in the area, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Jayce

This post has been edited by 5r7iiii75r: 18 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

#2 User is offline   5r7iiii75r Icon

• Account: 5r7iiii75r

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Bump:

This thread can probably be [SOLVED] and closed now...

Although it seems that UrT by default sets the working directory to whatever folder you run Quake3-UrT.exe from, the goal is to prevent windows from saving UrT game data elsewhere if windows is using virtual storage.

I believe this code works:
#ECHO OFF
START Quake3-UrT.exe +set fs_homepath "./" +set fs_basepath "./" +exec autoexec.cfg

-(Don't need "q3ut4" in path (./q3ut4/) because UrT looks for that folder in the directory specified (UrT would be looking for q3ut4 folder in the q3ut4 folder))

-(I'm an idiot for using back-slashes in my previous post. Anyone know why console prints them instead of back-slashes?)

This post has been edited by 5r7iiii75r: 01 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942