Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Ill start off with my PC specs

FX-8350@4.6GHZ
GTX 780 TI Kingpin Edition
Asus Crosshair Formula V Motherboard
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
1TB WD Black 7200RPM HDD
16GB Ripjaw Skill Z RAM@1760MHZ

OS and games are all on the SSD. I get 120FPS when im looking at the ground or im in a small room. As soon as i go out into open parts of the map my FPS drops to about 30-50. Doesnt matter if there are any other players around, or even on the server. Ive checked this on public servers and while being on a local server i made. I have reinstalled 4.2 I dont have this issue in 4.1

#2 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

weird...

My specs are very similar to yours and I don't drop FPS...
My Specs:
FX-6100
GTX 660
Asus Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard

The other things are different from mine, but maybe it's the software? I don't know...

#3 User is offline   fu510n Icon

• Account: fu510n

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

I have a FPS drop problem too on URT 4.2.xxx.

For me it only happens when there are 1 or more players in a server, every game, every online server, every map, low or high ping, but if I start an offline server, on all maps I get constant 125 fps no dips ever on any video settings combo.

I have an AMD R9 270X OC boost 4GB card, 8GB DDR3-2133 ram, 3.9ghz AMD A8-6600K, I can play BF4 maxed out on ultra smoothly(65 fps - 185 fps).

I cant see any obvious reason on my end for massive fps drops, i've tested every build of catalyst drivers from 13.2 to latest beta, all identical results, none even slightly better or worse.

Video settings seem to be irrelevant, 1920x1080 at highest quality with 8xQ AA forced is no worse than 640x480 lowest quality with AA forced off.

I've gone through all power saving settings in BIOS and windows, including core parking, no setting causes any positive nor negative change.

I've tried so many combinations of all possible relevant cvar's.

When the fps drop, it looks like its being reported inaccurately too, if its at 125 fps and drops to 89 fps it actually stutters like crazy and looks like its actually running at about 10 fps, and if it drops to like 39 fps it looks like 4 or 5 fps.

I've noticed when it suddenly drops from 125 it will often drop to strange recurring figures, like exactly 89 fps, then exactly 39 fps, and a few other 'steps', so its sure interesting.

I tried taking out my video card and running it on the just the APU, strangely enough i get the same results, even the pissweak APU can handle the game on any map with 0 players with all settings maxed with 8XQ AA at a solid 125 fps in any complicated scene even.

Is this just a bug in the game perhaps?

In 4.1.1 on this system I got an almost constant 125 fps in all conditions on max video settings with maxed AA forced, with the occasional dip of 109-117 fps on high action scenes in full 32 player servers, like when there was 16 people all in view at once, with blood, shells smoke, nades, and bullets all going crazy everywhere.

In 4.2 it cant even handle a single other player in ANY outdoor scene, period, but can handle any complicated scene with no players.

The way the fps drop looks, reminds me of the bug in toxic map in 4.1, where the waterfall in the middle underground part would cause massive (80%+) fps drops when looking in its direction, from any spot on the whole map, even through 10+ walls, as if its rendering things it shouldn't be trying to because they aren't even close to being in view.

Any ideas what the problem might be, and maybe how to fix it anyone?

Cheers

#4 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sounds weird, can you write this in console:
/com_singlecore 0

also you can try turn off dmaHD:
/dmaHD_enable 0

and restart game.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942