Urban Terror Forums: Very frequent CIs and lag spikes (random + 999) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very frequent CIs and lag spikes (random + 999) Rate Topic: -----

Impossible to play

#1 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hi,

For some time I've been a very annoying case of CI that sometimes even disappeared but I had only this CI every some seconds ranging from 5 to 20 seconds. I was kind of getting used to it but now it's gotten worse.

Not only I have CI, but I also have weird lags (the green gets higher, so the ping rises, and the above lines become yellow, high yellow, wich occasional red lines decorating the lagometer.

I don't really know what to do.

I am on Wifi, but I've played on Wifi forever and never had this kind of problem, neither on 4.1, nor with early versions of 4.2.

I thought I was the only one but I found someone else with my same problem and others claim to have similar issues so maybe the thing is more spread than I thought. Any ideas?

If you guys could suggest a check-list for me to go through, it'd be awesome. Unless you have the solution, which would be even more awesome.

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

It will be a network problem. It could be additional traffic on your local network, new interference (electric motors, a new wi-fi network in your area using an overlapping channel) or (less likely but still possible) problems with the cabled parts of your connection. If possible try a wired connection to your router and see if this solves it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942