Urban Terror Forums: recording sound and getting it @ video - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

recording sound and getting it @ video Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

aight folks i dunno if this topic belongs here but move it 2 another place if it should.

i already made 2 UrT movies and im working on my 3th but its gone be wayyy different and prolly more fun 8)

my question: i want 2 add some ingame sounds and stuff like that so i got a clip (TGA ----> AVI) and i record some sound from the part i got the clip (WAV) now i want 2 get that WAV file on the videoclip but its gotta be syncronous (if ya write it like that)

but HOW?!?!?! is there a tool a program other then virtualdub cause that aint working (or i missed a button?)

plz help and tnxxxx a lot

greetz -=SATAN=-

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Uhm, like EVERY video-editing program has the option to put sound under a video and lets you place it exactly right, so its synchronous. Examples: Pinacle Studio, Adobe Premier and even WindowsMovieMaker can do it. WindowsMovieMaker doesnt make AVI's though...

#3 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

ok then explain this thing, i got this wav + avi and i put em in premiere 6.5 and i get the Sr8 sound precise under the Sr8 part then like 5 sec further i shoot the Sr8 again but then my sound is 2 sec earlier with the shot hmmmmmmm :shock:

#4 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:06 PM

i believe your source isnt synched with the avi to begin with

did you rip the sound and tga's at different rates?

#5 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:12 PM

i take screenies with 30 a sec (30FPS) and i record the sound the easy way: sound recorder on wavepanel and record while playing the demo

im not a newb in making the movies themself cause im gone use wicked special effects but i just cant get the sound part right :cry:

ya got me another way?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

ok so you're recording the sound real time where the fps fluctuates and the picture at a "set" 30fps where fps fluctuations dont matter

is this correct?

#7 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

ehh hmm i record the sound just with 125FPS like i also play the game online and i do cl_avidemo 30 for the clips (video)

small fact can be: i dont record sound and video @ the same time

#8 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:34 PM

Hmmmm, it should be good the way you did it. Are you sure your avi is 30fps?? Maybe you made 30 screenshots per second but the AVI that was created is only 15fps?? Check it out =] Anywayz, you could capture screen + sound at same time using Snagit.

#9 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:37 PM

yap 30FPS for sure 8) no newb @ video parts but @ sound but ill try snagit i know the prog but never tried it further then a single screenshot from something :P

#10 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:19 PM

Works pretty wel... Run Urt in windowed mode @ 640 maximum and set snagit to 30 fps of that window :) And include sound.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942