Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for closed family use Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jonners59 Icon

• Account: jonners59

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

I would like some advise, please from the forum members.
I would like to set up a small Urban Terror community on our LAN for my kids to play on, and when their friends come round, that they can join in on too. I do not want it open to the wider world so that I can control their usage.

I have a few PCs/Laptops and though not looked in to whether there is a tablet version of UT, we have a couple of those too, so they can all play nicely together.

I have a PC that I leave on all the time. It runs our central storage and a VirtualBox VM running Windows 7 on which I run an IP-PBX server - 3CX.

I would like to run, loading up on any re-boot, a number of UT games (I guess you may call them servers) settings/configs in the background on this machine, which could then be accessed by the other machines to play on.... A number of configs so they have some choice.

All my machines are Ubuntu 14.10

Now the question is, how do I go about installing and setting this up, including the "auto start"? Anyone able to assist and walk me through this, please.

And whilst I am here, a 2nd quick question. When in a game, if I want the game to continue, but I want to get back to the desktop for some reason, maybe as mundane as to want to resize or move the window, how do I do so? What is the command to get out and back in again?

This post has been edited by jonners59: 15 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

#2 User is offline   mathieu Icon

• Account: mathieu
  • Main tag: [KzH]

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

this: http://www.urbanterr...server-install/
or: http://www.urbanterr...server-install/

Urban Terror on android works on 4.1 but not 4.2

http://iyeonline.wee...on-android.html

This post has been edited by mathieu: 15 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

#3 User is offline   jonners59 Icon

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

View Postmathieu, on 15 January 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Thanks mathieu
THAT'S GREAT!

Will try and find some time to try this out. Can it run or do you know how it may run more then 1 x conf.... So there are different choices????

Also do you also know how to escape the user client when in a game without quitting? I.e. to gain access to the desktop briefly.

#4 User is offline   mathieu Icon

• Account: mathieu
  • Main tag: [KzH]

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

No problem, btw i think this tuto is much useful for linux user http://www.urbanterr...r-first-server/

also to run more than a server i think you simply need to make different server/mapcycle.cfg and run the second server with the second server/mapcycle.cfg you've done and set a different port

About window back in linux i've no idea i tried to google it but couldn't find any clear anwser sorry.

#5 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

View Postjonners59, on 15 January 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Also do you also know how to escape the user client when in a game without quitting? I.e. to gain access to the desktop briefly.

In Linux, to access desktop you need to follow the steps:
1. Change to windowed mode by pressing: Ctrl+Alt+Return
2. Release mouse/keyboard focus by opening game-console, press: ~ (that is "tilde" character, key below ESC in US keyboard layout, but it may be different way in other keyboard layouts, i.e. in Spanish keyboard it is AltGr+4, I think in UK keyboard it is in '#' over return key, etc.).
3. Move mouse out of game window to use desktop.

After using desktop, to return to game full screen do it in reverse order:
1. Select game window (focus mouse and keyboard).
2. Close game-console to capture focus by pressing: ~ ("tilde" character)
3. Change to fullscreen pressing: Ctrl+Alt+Return

This post has been edited by karnute: 15 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   jonners59 Icon

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

View Postmathieu, on 15 January 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

No problem, btw i think this tuto is much useful for linux user http://www.urbanterr...r-first-server/

also to run more than a server i think you simply need to make different server/mapcycle.cfg and run the second server with the second server/mapcycle.cfg you've done and set a different port

About window back in linux i've no idea i tried to google it but couldn't find any clear anwser sorry.

Thank you... I think that has installed it.... Need to sort the multiple config bit.

The second link broke the PC because it was not detailed enough... too many assumptions and no examples of the mods. Didn't realise until I was fully committed. Anyway. I have it working, and I just need to try and sort out the little prob the second created.
Very much appreciated. I shall leave the thread open in case I get some help on the escape and additional confs...

:)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942