Urban Terror Forums: KroniK's Ultimate Urban Terror Config - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KroniK's Ultimate Urban Terror Config Rate Topic: -----

The Config To End All Configs

#11 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

Umm.... Well Would you want this set up for the Temp Keys or just a menu?

Either way, I would be happy to make you a Mapping mode if you let me know what all the different features are that you want. I am also a mapper so Im sure I would use whatever you come up with as well.

It should be simpler for me to just add what you want than explain how to do it. Although feel free to read the last section of the readme and try to figure it out yourself. I can help out with some pointers but its rather hard to explain the whole process without taking a huge amount of time.

#12 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostKroniK, on 11 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Umm.... Well Would you want this set up for the Temp Keys or just a menu?

Either way, I would be happy to make you a Mapping mode if you let me know what all the different features are that you want. I am also a mapper so Im sure I would use whatever you come up with as well.

It should be simpler for me to just add what you want than explain how to do it. Although feel free to read the last section of the readme and try to figure it out yourself. I can help out with some pointers but its rather hard to explain the whole process without taking a huge amount of time.

Yes I understand it would be nice to add a mode like demo mode but for map making. (testing)
If you could do it I would use it.

toggle sv_pure

gametypes (menu)

bot_enable 1

addbot

boa (menu)
cheetah
chicken
cobra
c ockroach
cougar
goose
mantis
penguin
puma
python
raven
scarab
scorpion
tiger
widow

kick allbots

toggle r_showtris

toggle r_shownormals

toggle r_speeds

toggle cg_standardChat

Thats what im using mostly dont know if there are more options for map making if you do add them pls.

I dont know if its possible but could you edit it so all the scroll and modes/ menu's are on the numpad's

so tweaking the controlss is more easy and so it doesnt use as much key's at one time?

This post has been edited by killspree: 11 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

#13 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

This Sounds like a reasonable list. I think I agree that this needs to be a separate mode like demo mode.

Here are my thoughts given your list:

press the F3 Key to enter or exit "Map Testing Mode"

Then G will open up a gametype menu which will have all different game modes in a scrollable menu.

The B key will open up a Bot Menu with a sub menu that lets you choose bots to add.

The Num Pad will be reserved for server settings. The default number pad will let you change many of the settings you mentioned above.

I also want (similar to how the num pad works currently) to add some game mode specific settings to the numpad, so lets say while you hold down the Zero Key you get Jump mode settings like g_stamina and g_allowGoto, etc. I could also set up the live adjustment keys to modify things like server timeout time and CTF hot potato times... im not sure. There are a lot of possibilities here.

I'll get to work on it (hopefully tonight) and see what I can come up with. However It could take a couple days to get it all working properly.

#14 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostKroniK, on 12 February 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

This Sounds like a reasonable list. I think I agree that this needs to be a separate mode like demo mode.

Here are my thoughts given your list:

press the F3 Key to enter or exit "Map Testing Mode"

Then G will open up a gametype menu which will have all different game modes in a scrollable menu.

The B key will open up a Bot Menu with a sub menu that lets you choose bots to add.

The Num Pad will be reserved for server settings. The default number pad will let you change many of the settings you mentioned above.

I also want (similar to how the num pad works currently) to add some game mode specific settings to the numpad, so lets say while you hold down the Zero Key you get Jump mode settings like g_stamina and g_allowGoto, etc. I could also set up the live adjustment keys to modify things like server timeout time and CTF hot potato times... im not sure. There are a lot of possibilities here.

I'll get to work on it (hopefully tonight) and see what I can come up with. However It could take a couple days to get it all working properly.

I think it would be cool if you get it working that way also i dont know if i mentioned it but could you make it so that the normal esdf if you want to change those settings it doesnt need the whole thing checked if you change back to wasd.

Perhaps the modes and menu's have separate keys that only work when you enter that mode ?
Dont know if i made sence :P
I want to be able to change key's without messing all diffrent modes up or get to confused as where to look for what is effecting my changes als the 1 knife mode works but the v ninja mode doesnt.

Would be nice also how do i add servers for the scoll menu's?

This post has been edited by killspree: 12 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

#15 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

I was initially going to also make a wasd mode, but I just didn't quite know how people would want it set up. The only file you need to worry about when binding keys is the bindsMain.cfg file. That is the only file which binds keys to things, so just go through that and change it all to whatever set up you want. Everything has comments so it shouldn't be hard.

If you read the end of the readme I go through that exact file menuConnect_a.cfg if I remember correctly. I explain exactly what each part does and step through how you would change it. I would start there. If you don't understand something specific, just ask.

Just as a clarification, what happens when you press v for the ninja mode? on mine it brings up the mini map very large and sets me to walk mode instead of run. Then if I fire or press v again, it turns off. Is this not what happens for you?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

when i hit v comes radio modei cant exit slow walk mode

i saw v was in binds main 2x
also when i hit 3 nothing happens so im stuck with primary only when i press nade mode 2 or knife mode 1 i can sscroll dowwwn for primary then down again i get my secondary de then scroll up for primary im stuck with it than again.

Also i would like to get crosshair green dot size 15 everywhere except knife mode and scope needs green croshair also i cant find where to change it next week i have 1vs 1 competition 1vs1 krh event.
How can i have nade mode off if i want to so it doesnt show minimap only when nade mode is on.

would be cool if you could add the developers mode aka map makers mode

This post has been edited by killspree: 12 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942