Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player models. Rate Topic: -----

Players are rendered too late.

#1 User is offline   Rredesigns Icon

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

Hello everyone.

I have a problem when playing online. Player models are rendered about half a second late after a corner. I think it might be a performance issue, but it doesn't happen with bots (both online and local). How can I force the game to render earlier or grab bigger chuncks of data at a time when playing online?

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Usually players are rendered at least one corner ahead of you.

So i'm gonna make an assumption that you had this problem with specific maps. Or even further, with specific corners on specific maps.
(pandora would be that 1st that comes to my mind here)

If thats the case its rather a problem with the map than with the game itself.

If it is a general problem with (nearly) every corner for you, post us additionally info (ur cfg, full specs,...).

As a last resort you could file a verbose bug report (preferably with a demo/video on top of it) here.

This post has been edited by Iye: 12 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Rredesigns Icon

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for your reply. It is kind of random, for instance, in Turnpike it happens quite often while online with high ping. Probaly due to latency (also the player crashes the doors before they open, while I see in spect mode that other players doesn't have this issue), but it shouldn't happen as far as I know. I will record a demo and upload it somwhere.

Cheers. :D

#4 User is offline   Rredesigns Icon

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:40 AM

Ok, I recorded a bunch of demos, but the issue can't be seen in them.

Is it possible to do what I need?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Rredesigns Icon

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 25 July 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

Not really.

Player network lantancy has always been an issue and can only be duplicated in real time.

If you record a demo and play it back local then there is no network lantancy added to the demo so it plays back in real time as to the true location of both players.

I see. That would explain why it is so random. Crashing doors is really annoying, but I guess I will have to get used to it.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942