Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player travel Rate Topic: -----

Player doesn't stop moving

#1 User is offline   blackskull Icon

• Account: blackskull

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi all, I have a problem that I've had off and on before but have never really found a resolution. When playing my player will continue to move or shoot after I have released the key. Someone mentioned using a different usb port and unplugging other usb devices that I don't need which I've done but it has made no difference. My internet is Shaw 60 which is 60 Mbps download and 6-7 Mbps upload speed so it's not a slow connection. Not sure what to do, this just start when I built my new pc Core I5 6600/16gb ram 3000mhz/GTX 780 Classified. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

I too have had this issue. I have also noticed that sometimes when playing with an sr8 I will click and the gun will not fire. Now I have a super weird config with lots of config files and stuff, so I assumed this was my issue, however it might possibly be a glitch in the base game.

I would suggest backing up your config files and then deleting the ones in your q3ut4 folder and seeing if re-setting all the keybinds and such fix the issue.

#3 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

For what it is worth, I have an unusual setup as well. I have not had this problem with shooting, but I have had my movement stick. In my case, the numeric keypad lock has been responsible for this problem. I use linux and the numeric keypad for movement. Any possibility the caps lock (or numeric keypad lock) might be involved?
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#4 User is offline   blackskull Icon

• Account: blackskull

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

View Postblackskull, on 14 March 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hi all, I have a problem that I've had off and on before but have never really found a resolution. When playing my player will continue to move or shoot after I have released the key. Someone mentioned using a different usb port and unplugging other usb devices that I don't need which I've done but it has made no difference. My internet is Shaw 60 which is 60 Mbps download and 6-7 Mbps upload speed so it's not a slow connection. Not sure what to do, this just start when I built my new pc Core I5 6600/16gb ram 3000mhz/GTX 780 Classified. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies, however neither of the things you both suggested worked for me, still looking for a resolution.Am going to try replacing all the zfiles under q3urt4 as some may be corrupt.

This post has been edited by blackskull: 27 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942