Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P90 need some tweaks

#1 User is offline   ch3ft0ny Icon

• Account: ch3ft0ny
  • Main tag: RKF|

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Hi, today i played some ctf rounds only with p90. It's not bad, has got a good firepower, a lot of ammunition. But has got a lot of recoil! So, in my opinion it should be add a scope, like the g36. I think, that with a scope it become a balanced weapon.

#2 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

As far as I can tell the P90 only balances out well as a secondary weapon. For it to graduate to primary weapon it would need to be competitive with lr/m4 g36 & ak.
In it present state I don’t consider it a wise tactical alternative.

Options: re configure with lr/m4 specs; Find some way to make unique and compelling like G36 or AK; Demote to secondary weapon in present state.

#3 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:30 PM

Not quite even a secondary, the MP5 beats it in almost every way against that terrible accuracy.

The Beretta is ONLY beaten by the MP5 in ease of use, if you can click and aim that fast the Beretta has better potential.
The UMP is beat by the M4/LR300 by potential fire rate, but at range the M4 must be tapped at the same rate as the UMP can hold fire to maintain accuracy; again, UMP gets ease of use at it's perfect RANGE which is longer than the M4's comfortably full-auto range.

I can see a place between the Negev and LRM4300 for the P90 to fit as a primary, like the submachine gun in AQ2.
Faster fire rate and ammo, and higher potential full-auto accuracy than the LRM4300 with less damage per shot <- this is clearly the place it has carved out as a primary

ALSO:
The negev has atypical spread
Lets say that the M4 has a spread that increases per shot from 1 to 10 when the trigger is held. This is pretty standard for all weapons, except the negev.
The Negev can still TAP fire tiny weak accurate shots, but when held the spread STARTS at the M4's 3 and caps at it's 5.
The UNLASERED MP5, and now the MAC10 are similar to this, the MAC seems to start at 4 and end at 7 (Too high, underpowered).

The P90:
With it's damage model lower than the M4, it needs to be able to hold the trigger for longer without as much detriment to accuracy as the LRM4300. It needs a lower MAXIMUM spread than the M4, but can afford a higher MINIMUM spread. OR it simply needs to take SLOWER steps up to maximum spread, a slower spread increase. It's spread isn't terrible, it's just getting to maximum spread right off the bat.
I can see the MP5's bigger brother. Glock damage rather than Beretta, just slightly higher STARTING spread than the MP5, just slightly lower MAXIMUM spread, 50rounds and same or just faster firing rate. <- Perfect primary slot
If faster firing than MP5, give it the long AK reload.

A lightning gun maybe. When I hold it I feel I should be able to maintain a steady stream on my target, not sharp enough to hold headshots.
It kills by maintaining a lock on target torso, the M4-LR300-AK kills by accurate trigger discipline, the Negev can hold a stream for longer as area-denial.
We do not yet have a primary that behaves like this, and we have a perfect weapon to use.

TL;DR?
Start from here:
Take the MP5, give it Glock damage and reload, and 50 rounds per magazine, call it the P90.
Test THEN balance accordingly.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 21 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942