Urban Terror Forums: Open decision on player animations for Urban Terror HD. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open decision on player animations for Urban Terror HD.

#11 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostIye, on 08 December 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

k. one question though: why?

Bragging rights. :) and because I have seen a bakers dozen of UrT videos with Pro-players no-scoping people in a montage.

Iye said:

probably. i just came up with fancy stuff there :). but wouldnt it be "hollywood-style" to shoot with one hand? :)

if something causes bugs or glitches then imo its not ok to have it.

Iye said:

sure, but where is the difference between how its done now, and how it would be with an idle animation?
After all, if you find someone in a position you know he can spawn in, 1 minute into a round, you would assume he is afk?
where would the difference be, with an idle animation, telling you that he hasnt touched his controls in 15 sec?

there is a map called ut4_island_final and in that map, people spawn in the sniper towers. sometimes when people are up there and they're not moving, I assume they're afk, (so out of respect I don't shoot them), only to get shot in the head by their sniper round. So then I start killing them, only to be called a jerk later when they are actually AFK.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#12 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

true, i still dont see what having/not having an idle animation would change about that. Because if someone is still standing in exactly the same position as he spawned in, you would still assume he is afk. And imo people going afk without joining spec shouldnt really complain for getting "SKed" or getting killed while afk.

Only problem i could see, is going around a corner, seeing an enemy in the idle stance, and then not shooting, but getting shot, because he simply didnt move for X seconds.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#13 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostDark-knight, on 08 December 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 29 November 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

I don't want to ever see guns not aimed and ready to fire unless reloading, switching, or actually not in a fire-able state.
Idle (not-aiming) animations make no sense when there is no "aim" button, players are always dangerous. Super disorienting.

Yes, Yes, and YES. this man knows what he is talking about.

LOL I giggled more than I should have. BN is definitely a lady :D

This post has been edited by KroniK: 28 December 2015 - 06:18 PM

#14 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:22 AM

make the animations like this...and the graphics too...

:)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942