Urban Terror Forums: Important changes since 4.1ish - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Important changes since 4.1ish Rate Topic: -----

Old player coming back, got some questions.

#1 User is offline   Q2slayer Icon

• Account: q2slayer

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

What's up? I'm trying to get an idea of what has changed about urt within the last 2 years or so. I tried looking for some change logs but it was tough to find the main important things that are different gameplay wise. So i'll list some random questions :smile:

Are most of the guns the same as they were for a long time stats wise? Some felt a little different but it could have just been me.

Is hit detection different? Feels like i have less ping than i should on high ping servers.

Skins seem a lot darker than they used to, is there a way to lighten them up a bit?

Do the new player damage messages (groin and such) actually mean that the damage locations changed from when it used to be just foot, arm, leg ect? Or are these new spots just to better describe the location of where players are shot?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to start playing again!

#3 User is offline   Axsm Icon

• Account: axsm

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

I played a little 4.1, actually it was my first introduction too the game. changes I noticed is, the guns and environments are more refined, a larger selection of weapons as well, in 4.1 you only had the Beretta and Desert Eagle in the pistol section, but now they added the Glock and my personal favorite, 45 Colt Automatic 1911, also we have more maps, but aside from those little changes, its basically the same as 4.1, also character animations from what I heard have been refined as well.

#4 User is offline   Q2slayer Icon

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

Damn, thanks for the prompt and in-depth answers guys. Was not expecting this.

View PostFrankie V, on 30 November 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

The blowback though due to the bugged HM it created an artificial and unintended weapon balance of a decrease of at least 15% on all weapons in the area of hits and being hit. With the HM fixed in 4.2 all specs jumped by the same lost 15%, as well as the percentage at distance jumping by 15%, so the specs as is in 4.2 is the true spec.

What is HM? Does all of this sort of mean that weapons have less recoil but it is also harder to hit players?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   sungod Icon

• Account: sungod

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

Frankie

How is ping and hits connected?

e.g. a 150 ping player is playing with 50 ping player.
1)Does the 150 ping player has any advantage to hit 50 ping player
or is it other way round?

2)Is 150 ping player is harder to hit or vice versa.?

Personally

I feel 50 ping player gets better advantage, slightly but still 100ms advantage
And for 2nd question it doesn't matter.

Kindly provide some insight for this.

#8 User is offline   Q2slayer Icon

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 01 December 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

There is no direct correlation between ping and hits as they are not connected to one another as a function as part of the net code design unless used as a means to adjust the prediction code which usually results in a difference between what the player sees as compared to what has actually happened.

Does this mean hit detection is client based? Like shotguns in quakeworld or any other game where hitscan weapons aren't really affected by ping?

Also, is there any way to import your own crosshairs into urt? I looked around and didn't see any exposed crosshair files. I'd assume that poking into the pk3 files would make me unable to join servers (unless i am wrong)

#10 User is offline   sungod Icon

• Account: sungod

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

Thank you Frankie
For clearing that up
:laugh:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942