Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Constant high pings. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Twofortheseven Icon

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

Hey folks,

As we all know, in-game ping is the time it takes from our client to communicate with the server.(Wherever that may be) It seems to be completely impossible while playing Urban Terror for my ping not to go all insane on me. I'm constantly getting the "Connection Interrupted" interface while my ping is hitting 999.

As I live in Canada, to reduce the ping I pick servers which are the closest to my location...however this doesn't help one bit. Constant high ping(goes up sky high comes a bit down goes sky high again). Even with a few bots, I still get extreme delays due to my horrific ping.

My SpeedTest results are also not too bad...

5 upload speed
30 download speed

For my internet speed, and the server distances is it normal for my pings to reach such high limits most of the time? It's almost impossible to play the game with my ping. Very frustrating! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

#3 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Is anyone else in your house watching netflix or something??

I'm not sure why but having someone else using 50% or more of my bandwidth makes UrT want to lag and ping very badly. I have a custom router that I have set up myself (and all the knowhow to do it properly) and I can still have issues with this when others are streaming video or something that takes a large percentage of my bandwidth. UrT has always been rather picky in this way (at least as long as I can remember).

Also, You could be ending up with fps lag? I'm not sure how powerful your computer is but sometimes when you have other programs that are using a large chunk of your CPU or RAM, the FPS lag can get quite bad in UrT and can feel like you have a bad network connection.

Those are the main things I would check first. Let us know what you find.

#4 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

Check out this thread.
http://www.urbanterr...p-with-lagping/

Do a traceroute and find out if its in your home or further away.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942