Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Config causes occasional FPS drops Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gangofkittens Icon

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Hello, I have a problem with my config causing FPS drops, from my tests it only happens after zooming in using sniper rifle.
So I would appreciate if someone could read the config quickly or from your experience tell me which CVARs might be causing it.
Also this is nexu config iirc.

The config is here http://pastebin.com/Pxx9HY9L

This post has been edited by gangofkittens: 23 January 2016 - 01:40 PM

std::cout << "meow";

#2 Guest_sykz

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hello, I read your config and I absolutely don't know what could cause it. That's a bit strange because while zooming, the game has less infos to display so your fps shouldn't drop. Did you check if your fps drop with the default config? Perhaps you should also try with cg_scopering "0" (without the accuracy ring) but I think it won't change anything.

#3 User is offline   gangofkittens Icon

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Now that I tested it some more it doesn't only happen when zooming in, but in most cases it's caused by that. My max fps is 60 and it drops to about 20-30 when that happens for 1-2 seconds.
std::cout << "meow";

#4 Guest_sykz

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

I don't know what could suddenly do that. Did you modify something in your graphics driver? Perhaps you should delete the q3config.cfg, create a new and modify it CVAR by CVAR until you get the same you have now to identify if the problem is linked to a CVAR. Reinstalling the game might also help, who knows...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942