Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Resolution settings issue Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tequila666 Icon

• Account: tequila666

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:15 PM

Hi all, I seem to be having an issue with setting my game resolution to my monitor resolution and the problem is as follows:

My monitor is 1920x1080 yet when I select this setting under the available resolution options the size is wayyyyyy off, like its so stretched that I can barely get back into settings to change the resolution back. I kept trying lower and lower resolutions and kept getting similar results until finally at 1366x768 resolution the game is properly fitted to my screen and playable. I also noticed that a lot of the resolutions that I tried defaulted back to the 800x600 setting upon restart after applying the resolution change.

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or might possibly have any suggestions as to what is going on or possibly how to fix it?

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

have you tried setting r_mode -1(custom res) and then r_customwidth and r_customheight?
that is what i use, and it works for me. but also, selecting fullHD works as well.

also, if you say "stretched" does that mean, it is aligned to, lets assume, top left corner, while some parts of it are just "out of screen" to the right?
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   tequila666 Icon

• Account: tequila666

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

hey, thanks for reply

I tried the r_mode -1 and custom width and height but unfortunately got the same results.

"also, if you say "stretched" does that mean, it is aligned to, lets assume, top left corner, while some parts of it are just "out of screen" to the right?"
This is basically exactly what happens, it aligns in the top left corner and stretches outside of the screen to both the bottom and right hand side

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:19 PM

odd.
not the behavior itself, which should happen if your monitors res is too low, but the fact that it does happen, regardless of you actually having a proper res monitor.

another few ideas:
1) try windowed mode and see if you get the same result
2) check if your OS is detecting the monitors res correctly
3) backup your q3config and delete it. (this will revert settings to default on next startup, thus the backup)

beyond that point we would probably need more details on your setup (os, gfx drivers, hardware?, ...)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942