• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this going anywhere?

#31 User is offline   Makeurtgreatagain Icon

Posted 24 June 2023 - 04:46 AM

what is the hold up seriously its been 5 years since 4.3.4

every time there is a news posts its just more of the same "we will have it ready this year" well its been 'this year' for the last 3 years

now I get stuff takes time but this isn't that big of a game lol (unless you have been holding out on the community)

I have seen scatch written games go from idea to early access to full release in less time then this by teams alleagedly smaller and less talented then this.

you are gonna run into the issue of all of the work being done for NOTHING if you don't move it. what little reamins of the community are moving on to greener pastors and those that are still here are here because litterally they can't play anything else. so you are gonna release urban terror 5 and they aren't gonna be-able to run it and that might accually manage to be the final nail in this coffin

#32 User is offline   Thespacedude Icon

Posted 19 July 2023 - 02:34 AM

Exciting stuff

This post has been edited by Thespacedude: 19 July 2023 - 02:35 AM

#33 User is offline   HailSatan Icon

• Account: hailsatan

Posted 20 July 2023 - 09:03 AM

Even if UrT 5 never happens, I'm not complaining. I'm just grateful we've had so many years of such an outstanding mod. If UrT 4 is destined to die a long natural death, living only as long as the last few stragglers keep playing, then so be it. I'm just glad we got to have so many good years of UrT. I won't complain about something SO good that lasted SO long and that was FREE.

Thank you for UrT, CoolGrits.

#34 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 13 September 2023 - 09:23 PM

FrozenSand is frozen in time.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#35 User is offline   Stopsleep Icon

• Account: stopsleep

Posted 20 September 2023 - 01:40 PM

It's just a shame to have to do updates to get to 4.3.x. What made me stop playing urt was knowing that a new version of the game was going to be released with the unreal engine. I feel like we can always wait. We had to leave the game as it was in 4.1.

This post has been edited by Stopsleep: 20 September 2023 - 01:42 PM

#36 User is offline   8bitprodigy Icon

Posted 12 October 2023 - 08:38 AM

At this point I'm semi-seriously considering making a spiritual successor in Godot or O3DE. I've already started a tactical FPS template in Godot, though the player and weapon code needs serious refactoring, as both scripts are monolithic, and I really should have broken each mechanic down into separate parts/nodes, and found a project that better follows that philosophy.

Maybe I should pick it back up.

#37 User is offline   Fax Icon

• Account: fax
  • Main tag: UT*

Posted 12 October 2023 - 07:52 PM

Yop
I'm reading a lot of questions in my server logs about the future of URT4.
For some people the opening of URT5 means the closure of URT4.
What exactly is the situation?

#38 User is offline   8bitprodigy Icon

Posted 12 October 2023 - 10:00 PM

View PostFax, on 12 October 2023 - 07:52 PM, said:

Yop
I'm reading a lot of questions in my server logs about the future of URT4.
For some people the opening of URT5 means the closure of URT4.
What exactly is the situation?

In another thread, I saw they were planning on open sourcing UrT4, so not exactly the closure, and it would mean the possibility of extending the game further. Maybe we'll see more weapons added or something.

#39 User is offline   Fax Icon

• Account: fax
  • Main tag: UT*

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:39 PM

Let's hope and wait...

#40 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 13 October 2023 - 02:37 PM

View Post8bitprodigy, on 12 October 2023 - 10:00 PM, said:

In another thread, I saw they were planning on open sourcing UrT4, so not exactly the closure, and it would mean the possibility of extending the game further. Maybe we'll see more weapons added or something.

They can't really close UrT4, they could shut down auth and masterlist but those can easily be worked around. I really don't think they would do that anyway, at least not without plenty of warning ahead of time and good reasons given.

View Post8bitprodigy, on 12 October 2023 - 10:00 PM, said:

I honestly can't imagine them ever doing that, even if they got bought out or big funding for URT5. Perhaps if everything fell through and died maybe someone would leak all the 4.X code. I've not seen the thread you mention or how clear they were about it though. It would be amazing to have SDK to properly mod UrT4 once 5 is released.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942