• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mousemats? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:31 AM

Hi peeps. I'm experiencing some trouble with my mouse and determined that my mousemat is to blame having tried some other mouse mats and the desk.

The other mousemats are very erratic whereas my mouse appears to fall 'asleep' on my current mousemat a lot (stops and takes a lot of effort to get it moving, short of just getting my mouse onto the desk to awaken the mouse. The desk is not very nice to use as a mouse mat tbh.

I haven't got much of a budget (10-15GBP tops I suppose) and I'm based in the UK, so please bear that in mind when suggesting items and firing links.

Current Mouse: Genius NetScroll+ Eye PS/2 (about 10GBP)
Current Mousemat: Sony Vaio Mousemat (freebie)

#2 User is offline   cr@ss (old) Icon

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:15 AM

hi Hybridesque,i am currently using this one

http://www.scan.co.u...ProductID=99340

i find it to be really good

regards

#3 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:13 AM

19.38 GBP for that one all in (VAT plus delivery).

UTZ|Calamity suggested a Everglide mousepad and that's 19.99GBP all in for the Everglide Fuze Black. http://www.everglide.co.uk/

I haven't made a decision yet.. but making a note of this thread of all suggestions I recieve, on forums & IRC.

#4 User is offline   Paradroid (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:54 AM

I use one of these teflon baking mats:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...bayphotohosting

Not only is this "crashed ufo technology" the best mouse mat I've ever used, you could use this to roast the Sunday joint!

I got a couple of them from John Lewis for £2.99 a roll.

I think the optimum surface colour for my mouse is white (Logitech MX 700), but the black works like a bitch - and I'd recommend it to anyone with an optical mouse (Sister Mary's "Official" seal-of-approval endorsement :roll: ).

I've got a nice big desk, so I use the full mat - it's neatly taped inside an A2 sized desk mat ... the bigger the better in my mind, I can rotate 720 deg with one continous sweep, no probs.

:twisted:

#5 User is offline   space-monkey (old) Icon

• LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:10 AM

i use my desk as a mousepat it pwns all?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:11 AM

I use a trackball...

At one point I used an Icemat (www.icemat.com).

#7 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

Aye, Icemat rocks - I have a old dirtcheap Logitech Pilot Wheel mouse on it - perfection!

cheers

#8 Guest_t3hX

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

I just use the PowerBook Trackpad for an input device, I'm used to it by now... call me insane if you want. I can aim with the trackpad as well as most can use a mouse.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:47 PM

A trackpad has an advantage similar to one a trackball provides. You don't have to move the device itself if you run out of space, but your finger, which is more practical. I'm used to mice from the time I was 14 and had a home computer but I use pads occasionally on laptops. I can't say I find them convenient for design work and games so I plug a mouse on them, but I guess it's just what everyone's used to :wink:

btw, some gamers believe mice are inferior to gamepads, joysticks or other means of input like trackballs so opinions tend to be very deverse between gamers. maybe urt is an exception as most people recommend the same thing, mice, and those better to be from logitech.

Most technical reviewers agree quality and precision of the product is more important that the type of it since that is mostly a matter of what you're used to and not what works better for anybody.

#10 Guest_Al Coholicus

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:58 PM

I use a white sheet of paper taped to my desk and I'm very happy with that. It's perfect in combination with an optical mouse.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942