Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Modelling Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Soze (old) Icon

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:06 AM

Not really sure if this is an appropriate place to post this? I guess it's as good as any... hehe.

I'm interested in learning to model, like with maya/3ds max

Was really just wondering how the best way to go about it would be, was looking for some input on where to start/how to start really, any related information would be appreciated.

This post is somewhat vague, because of my lack of knowledge, looking for some input really hehe :D

Thanks in advance,
Soze/ChasKi <3

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

I've never used 3ds. maya has excellent tutorials included with the program, I guess 3ds too. When I was learning to use blender, I found their official tutorials the best as well. my point is, don't trust random tutorials from users posted on forums or don't start by asking on irc etc. the official manuals are usually enough to start unless you're taking a class. btw, If you'll never be a professional 3d designer I suggest to use blender. It's free, runs fast and can do more than most people that don't model professionally want to do.

#3 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:51 AM

A friend of mine at uni had to learn 3DSMax as part of his 3rd year individual project and he said the help files with 3DS Max are pretty useful. RabidCow recommends the Video Training Manuals at http://www.3dbuzz.com/

#4 User is offline   Soze (old) Icon

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for the info, :)

I'll check out the official docs that come with maya as a first stop, i think :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942